Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 30/1-1/2/24

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
That was exactly the type of goal VAR was needed for. It’s the kind of one that reminds me it can still be a good thing.
It doesn’t offset the negatives of VAR. However it shows that if we have VAR we need late offside lino calls. The idiot commentators still trotting out the injury risk line though when a similar situation crops up again. I despair about intelligence levels in football.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Haha!

Edit: F***!

Antony losing the ball, what a catastrophic player

Messi like finish that, some baller that young lad

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
United carving Wolves open at will really. We couldn't make a dent last Monday. Feels about right they jump above us in the table.

Wolves had total control over us second half, tonight they’re keystone cops.

As the season progresses, a PL meritocracy is taking shape.

Anyone here think Chelsea and West Ham will finish higher than us?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

No and no. Next season, Chelsea mid table at best, and West Ham in a relegation fight.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Chelsea possibly but their away form is shocking... West ham I really hope not - every time I see them they look so bang average/poor, and really shit to watch ... obviously where they are for a reason but not really sure how

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Chelsea possibly but their away form is shocking... West ham I really hope not - every time I see them they look so bang average/poor, and really shit to watch ... obviously where they are for a reason but not really sure how

The West Ham 2023/24 game plan, even with a huge break plan from Europe, is bloody awful as the season unfolds. Chiselling out home and away draws, hoping to get lucky with a late winner. A few months ago they were flying with Bowen etc. Moyes appears the architect of this, happy with the early points base, now conservatively wanting to edge towards 7th. That and the mass low-block, I’m not sure I could warm to that football if he was the Albion boss.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sullivan and Brady don’t bother with scouting. Somehow with a bit more income from the athletics stadium, instead they spend big on names.

Paqueta £39m and £130k pw wages.

It must help when you’re effectively gifted the stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here