Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 23/24 Odds

Reinelt 62

Jul 5, 2003
As of 29 May 2023, from Oddschecker

Winner: 80/1

Top 4 Finish: 5/1

Top 6 Finish: 6/5 (Corals & Ladbrokes only)

Top Half Finish: 1/4 (Bet365 & William Hill only)

Bottom Half Finish: 11/4 (Bet365 & William Hill only)

Relegation: 50/1

It will be interesting to revisit this on 19 May 2024....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bottom half finish @11/4 looks very good value. Before anyone gets outraged at the suggestion, 11th is bottom half. If we struggle to adjust to life without Alexis and (potentially) Moises, even for a month or two, or if playing all the European games stretches the squad too far, then 11-14th is really not all that unlikely.

11th place, a good cup run, and knock out stages of the Europa League, would represent a pretty good season, wouldn’t it?

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Bottom half finish @11/4 looks very good value. Before anyone gets outraged at the suggestion, 11th is bottom half. If we struggle to adjust to life without Alexis and (potentially) Moises, even for a month or two, or if playing all the European games stretches the squad too far, then 11-14th is really not all that unlikely.

11th place, a good cup run, and knock out stages of the Europa League, would represent a pretty good season, wouldn’t it?
I agree, and think it’s actually the most likely scenario. We haven’t been able to manage two games in a week well very often this season, and while we may have reinforcements next season, we’ll also potentially lose 3 important players (Max, Moises and Levi). I also agree what you describe would be a decent season. Hopefully we haven’t become too entitled…

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Your balls are not big enough Hansy. We want Dublin, 7th place in the Premier League and win the Kangeroo cup.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

It would to any rational evaluation

Reinelt 62

Jul 5, 2003
As of 18 July 2023, from Oddschecker

Winner: 100/1

Top 4 Finish: 7/1

Top 6 Finish: 7/4 or 13/8 (most leading bookmakers)

Top Half Finish: 1/4 (most leading bookmakers)

Bottom Half Finish: 11/4 (most leading bookmakers)

Relegation: 50/1

Just drifted out slightly on the higher placings odds from the 29 May ones.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I agree.

Competitors Spurs, Chelsea, Brentford, Fulham will have little travelling and usually a week’s prep for PL games.

If we achieve top half and a long EL run, that’ll be a great season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not worth a new thread as it's tenuous but rumours of Mbappe to Liverpool. If it happens will they be challenging City for the title??

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Not worth a new thread as it's tenuous but rumours of Mbappe to Liverpool. If it happens will they be challenging City for the title??
Yes no doubt about it, he’s probably the best player in the world right now

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
West Ham's struggles are an interesting example. A victory in Europe but a struggle in the league.

Folk will need to be patient this year. I can't see us being in a relegation fight, but I think 10th-14th and a run in the Europa sounds about right. I'll re-visit my forecast in May.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023

While I think we'll finish in the top half, I think it's arguably a good strategy to bet against the Albion doing well. I've often (well, in the distant past, when I used to gamble) placed bets on the outcome I don't want from a game. If we were playing a rival in an important match, I'd have no qualms in sticking a tenner on Albion to lose. It's a win-win. Either Albion win the match (hooray!) or I have an unexpected £20 or whatever to drown my sorrows. I did that a good few times.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Luton have to be relegated. I've never felt more certain about a side to go down. To bolster the Championship team that came up in 3rd place, they've bought just one or two journeymen. I don't normally like to tempt fate but honestly, I can see them getting an absolute pummeling at the Amex on Aug 12. Another Wolves or West Ham-style result, and very possibly even worse. I can see any/all of Joao Pedro, Adingra, Mitoma, Ferguson, Enciso, Gross, March (etc.) absolutely running rings around them.

Reinelt 62

Jul 5, 2003
As of 10 August 2023, from Oddschecker

Winner: 125/1

Top 4 Finish: 7/1

Top 6 Finish: 7/4 (most leading bookmakers)

Top Half Finish: 1/4 (most leading bookmakers)

Bottom Half Finish: 11/4 (most leading bookmakers)

Relegation: 66/1

Just drifted out slightly on the winner and relegation odds from the 18 July ones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here