[Albion] Premier League 16-23/01

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Leeds, Newcastle, Wolves and CP dragged a bit further in.

That's a heartwarming thought, especially the last club mentioned there but, with deep regret I can't see them bricking it for quite a while. We need a couple of teams below us to go on a bit of a win frenzy and I'm not sure I want that even if we do as well. CP with 19 loses from here would be tremendous of course.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That's a heartwarming thought, especially the last club mentioned there but, with deep regret I can't see them bricking it for quite a while. We need a couple of teams below us to go on a bit of a win frenzy and I'm not sure I want that even if we do as well. CP with 19 loses from here would be tremendous of course.

Manure, CP and Villa with 100% LLLLL’s would be my fantasy rest of the season.

In reality, I’d take SheffU, WBA and Fulham with losses galore.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
All in all a very good weekend for us.

Back on track with a win, everyone else losing other than Fat Sam’s rugby team. Who effectively, because of our GD, need 2 more wins than us to overhaul us. Sheff Utd in deep poo.

Leeds, Newcastle, Wolves and CP dragged a bit further in.

Fulham’s star youngster gets a three game ban for violent conduct.

Sadly their star youngster (Lookman) is only out for one game. It’s their bang average young full back (Robinson) who is banned for three games.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
West Ham v West Brom tomorrow at 6pm as the games come thick and fast.

Hopefully West Brom get back to losing ways.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
How on earth are Newcastle above us? I don't see them that often, but when I do, they're absolutely pony. Have they turned in barnstorming performances in games that I haven't seen or something? They look much worse than Fulham or West Brom too. I don't understand how they got their points

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sadly their star youngster (Lookman) is only out for one game. It’s their bang average young full back (Robinson) who is banned for three games.

Think Robinsons been really good this season - thats harsh. Glad he’s out.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
How on earth are Newcastle above us? I don't see them that often, but when I do, they're absolutely pony. Have they turned in barnstorming performances in games that I haven't seen or something? They look much worse than Fulham or West Brom too. I don't understand how they got their points

Odd isn't it?

They were dog shite most of last season. They seem to get the good fortune that seemed to desert us for much of the past year. The stats seem to suggest that they should be 18th or 19th currently.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

They played alright in their 4 EPL wins, Wilson’s played well imho. Saint-Maximin is a huge loss, like Lamptey, he stretches the opposition. But when they’re bad, they’re very bad.

Whilst we’ve had a nice looking passing game, but haven’t put chances and teams away. Until now, hopefully.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Tonight's result puts Arsenal in the top half. This means that, at our half way point, we have a record against the top half of:

Played 10, Won 0, Drawn 2 , Lost 8, For 10, Against 22;

And against the bottom half:

Played 9, Won 3, Drawn 6, Lost 0, For 13, Against 8.

Fifteen of our nineteen games have either been draws or won or lost by a single goal.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Wilson had been scoring winners for them.

They are the opposite to us.

Awful defensive percentage football in the hope their star striker gets a chance and scores. As soon as they try to chase a game, they are all over the place defensively. Wilson has got Newcastle 14 points with his goals, that’s a brilliant return for him. But when he stops taking the chances, gets injured or they stop creating the chances for him, there is only one direction they are headed. Championship football.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Whoever got elected as God in the last election must be supporting Newcastle

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Tonight's result puts Arsenal in the top half. This means that, at our half way point, we have a record against the top half of:

Played 10, Won 0, Drawn 2 , Lost 8, For 10, Against 22;

And against the bottom half:

Played 9, Won 3, Drawn 6, Lost 0, For 13, Against 8.

Fifteen of our nineteen games have either been draws or won or lost by a single goal.

Villa and Newcastle WERE in the top half when we beat them...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports