[Albion] Premier League 16-18/9/23

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
They were saying on R5L that he only arrived back from Argentina on Thursday, after a 12 hour flight. His body is probably still on Argentinian time (ie, ko was 8.30am!).
Possibly a bit of a gamble starting him.
Very fair point and knowing him if kept on he’ll score a worldie out of nowhere, but that first half was as bad as it gets at this level of football. Shouldn’t have been started in view of your info.

What have they said about his performance?

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
The thing is I still really I like Alexis, and bear him absolutely no ill will. Thought he was tremendous for us, especially in that final season. I’ll forever be grateful to our World Cup winner for his attitude, grace and skill while with us.

But he looks like a competition winner out there today, he’s lost the ball more than anyone else on the pitch, has the second lowest pass completion, and has skinned about six times. Worst player on the pitch and would be astonished if he’s back out for the second half, Liverpool have been dire.
Good call

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
1-2 Liverpool

TV Director: There's some muffled chanting, apologise to the viewers for any bad language they can hear, even though they probably can't hear it.

Also TV director: Here's a clip of a player clearly yelling the f-word. Let's slow it down and make sure viewers can see it!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
1-2 Liverpool

TV Director: There's some muffled chanting, apologise to the viewers for any bad language they can hear, even though they probably can't hear it.

Also TV director: Here's a clip of a player clearly yelling the f-word. Let's slow it down and make sure viewers can see it!
I never really know why the TV folk apologise. It's not them doing the swearing!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
By my reckoning, you're wrong. They'd need to beat us by 5. How can 8-4 or 9-5 change that?

You are correct. It won’t change as we’d still be ahead on goals scored.

We’ve scored 7 more than Man Utd so no four goal victory for them (no matter how high the match score) would be enough for them to go ahead of us in the table.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
4 goals after the 97th minute in the pl today, 3 of them result changing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports