Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 16-18/9/23

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Nottingham Forest look an absolute belting price at 6/5 tomorrow night at home to Burnley. One of the bets of the season.

They've lost only two home games in the Premier League at the City Ground in the last year and I am not convinced by Burnley and Vincent Kompany's approach in their matches so far. I'm lumping on early because they'll be close to evens by kick-off or maybe a tad odds-on.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Nottingham Forest look an absolute belting price at 6/5 tomorrow night at home to Burnley. One of the bets of the season.

They've lost only two home games in the Premier League at the City Ground in the last year and I am not convinced by Burnley and Vincent Kompany's approach in their matches so far. I'm lumping on early because they'll be close to evens by kick-off or maybe a tad odds-on.
I was thinking the same about Burnley before the international break, surprised by how much of a comedown it's been for them after being so dominant in the Championship, so looked into it. They've only played three league games so far: City, Villa and Tottenham, all at home. We only took 1 point more than them in those fixtures last season (and that was v a City that had already secured their title win, and were looking ahead to champions league final). I think it's way too early to write Burnley off.

In just double checking those teams, I see their only other game this season is an away league cup tie v Forest, which Burnley won 1-0.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Everton are dreadful. But they have been for so many years now and they always somehow escape relegation. I hope this is the year.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
i agree with you but I feel like it is a battle in a Galaxy far away from here. It’s nothing to do with us and how good is that?
Let's hope not!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

And the Forest team cost fortunes with lots of rated players.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Screenshot_20230917-203611_Samsung Internet.jpg

Dog Wtf GIF by truth

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Our old mate Ben just passed the ball to his new team mate Declan resulting in the commentary: White... Rice.

That's going to tickle me all season. Not been this amused since Xherdan Shaqiri went on mazey runs for liverpool result in "Shaqiri... Shaqiri" and my mind going "oh baby when you move like that..."
You've just reminded me of listening to a game on Southern Counties years ago.

The commentary went "Hammond... to Martot..."

I remember hoping the next comment would be "Mayo" or "they're on a roll".

It wasn't.

That's all really.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Everton are dreadful. But they have been for so many years now and they always somehow escape relegation. I hope this is the year.
We need consistently poor teams like Everton to guarantee three points. Oh wait…yeah actually, relegate them.

Long season ahead for Chelsea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here