Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 16-18/10

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Huge odds this time round to do so, but maybe not as huge as one might think.

View attachment 141274

On reflection this is a much stiffer task than first thought.
With Chelsea having an overwhelmingly 9-goal better goal difference than us a Brentford / Chelsea draw won't suffice, a Brenftord win is needed.
This requirement effectively trebles our odds of sitting atop of the league by the end of this weekend as shown in the updated equation below.

PL 21 - 22  MW 8b.PNG

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
On reflection this is a much stiffer task than first thought.
With Chelsea having an overwhelmingly 9-goal better goal difference than us a Brentford / Chelsea draw won't suffice, a Brenftord win is needed.
This requirement effectively trebles our odds of sitting atop of the league by the end of this weekend as shown in the updated equation below.

View attachment 141288

Aah, but....... these are not the outcomes required for us to go top of the Premier League.

These are the outcomes needed for us to remain top at the end of the full round of fixtures.

The Chelsea and Everton fixtures are after ours, so actually to temporarily hit top spot, we have to win, and 'just' see City, United and Liverpool all fail to win.

So your 690/1 comes right down, to 'just' 70/1

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Think I might have me a little correct score bet tomorrow.....

20/10/2018 Man City 5-0 Burnley
26/01/2019 Man City 5-0 Burnley
22/06/2020 Man City 5-0 Burnley
28/11/2020 Man City 5-0 Burnley

5-0 tomorrow is 13/1 on PP :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Toon v Spuds in doubt apparently, COVID at the Lane.

That'll be just Steve Bruce's luck. Against all odds he looks all set to manage his 1,000th game, it gets postponed and then he's given the sack.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Not to mention another 2 points ahead on the Giraffe tracker. But with Norwich 1 point only, this is nailed on a Norwich win, we’re the experts at losing to sides on losing streaks

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That'll be just Steve Bruce's luck. Against all odds he looks all set to manage his 1,000th game, it gets postponed and then he's given the sack.

Yep, I think maybe someone had a word with catwoman that it would look bad to sack him one match before he could get his 1000th. game done and dusted. Sack him after that.

Will she give him another week now?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Everytime I see the league table my eyes automatically look to the bottom then slowly drift upward until it clicks that we're up the posh end, 3 points today are not crucial but with the games to follow would be very welcome and probably my eyes will have to wander up a little bit further this evening.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Everytime I see the league table my eyes automatically look to the bottom then slowly drift upward until it clicks that we're up the posh end, 3 points today are not crucial but with the games to follow would be very welcome and probably my eyes will have to wander up a little bit further this evening.

I too still look from the bottom up.
But the new twist I've included for this season is add all the green squares together and see how far up the table I get before matching the Albion s total.

It's a shame that game will be less fun at 17:00. :down:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Last year would be routing for Liverpool. Not sure now as win for us and defeat for Liverpool will us above them

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Taxi for Ranieri!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Last year would be routing for Liverpool. Not sure now as win for us and defeat for Liverpool will us above them

Well they are going to end up above regardless, so they might as well beat the teams playing in the same league as Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here