Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League 13-15/8/22

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I see our favourite ex ref has admitted his error with VAR and Cucu. Absolutely hopeless and just another reason to ditch VAR.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62596652

"Didn't deem it a violent act" - what a clueless git. It was common assault!

The rest of his statement reads to me that fellow referees and probably even the PGMOL have haued him over the coals for making VAR and PGMOL a bad joke. 'Upon reflection' my a***! - upon getting a right verbal bollocking more likely!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Yep, and surely there needs to be some kind of criminal investigation?
What law has he broken? He hasn’t admitted to any kind of bribery or anything like that.

He’s admitted he made a mistake and his reasons for not sending the ref to the screen. It was a stupid reason, he should have been man enough to send the ref to the screen and hope the other guy was man enough to deal with any flack coming his way.

Personally I don’t think there would have been any fallout as everyone thought it was a sending off and by not sending the ref to the screen it actually had the opposite effect of what Dean wanted, but we’ve all made mistakes at work. He was punished by being stood down and he ultimately resigned anyway. If he’d still been in a job then by all means he’d deserve further punishment but what else can be done?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Changing outcomes in a league and acting favourably towards one team at the expense of other teams just so he could keep his mate happy.
Ah, of course, I'd completely forgotten the Changing Outcomes In A League And Acting Favourably Towards One Team At The Expense Of Other Teams Just So He Could Keep His Mate Happy Act of 1827. Silly me!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Ah, of course, I'd completely forgotten the Changing Outcomes In A League And Acting Favourably Towards One Team At The Expense Of Other Teams Just So He Could Keep His Mate Happy Act of 1827. Silly me!
Silly response. See my answer below.
What law has he broken? He hasn’t admitted to any kind of bribery or anything like that.

He’s admitted he made a mistake and his reasons for not sending the ref to the screen. It was a stupid reason, he should have been man enough to send the ref to the screen and hope the other guy was man enough to deal with any flack coming his way.

Personally I don’t think there would have been any fallout as everyone thought it was a sending off and by not sending the ref to the screen it actually had the opposite effect of what Dean wanted, but we’ve all made mistakes at work. He was punished by being stood down and he ultimately resigned anyway. If he’d still been in a job then by all means he’d deserve further punishment but what else can be done?
In my book he had a job that would affect a multi million pound business and acted favourably for one of the teams. It is incidental that he was doing that to 'help a mate' as it did affect the outcome in some way as he knew it would. In my book 'mistake' is 'corruption'. The PGMOL is rotten to the core and there is nothing anyone can say that will alter my opinion of it. His statement justifies the disappointment and anger felt by our fans and club regarding the spurs game last year and the other times they had to 'apologise'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here