Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Premier League 12-15/1/23

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Not if the defender makes a challenge. If that happened then Rashford would be interfering. Disclaimer that it’s only how I as a football fan would like the interpretation. I’m not a ref. I just thought it was clever from Rashford.
The law is currently on BBC:
Screenshot_20230114_193813_Chrome.png

Surely Rashford is either:

1. Preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent's line of vision or

4. Making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The law is currently on BBC:
View attachment 155782

Surely Rashford is either:

1. Preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent's line of vision or

4. Making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball
Well, it’s clearly subjective because I disagree on every point. The ref and VAR also interpreted it the way I did.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
On this interpretation of the rule - shouldn't Mac Allister's cracker have stood against Leicester?
Don't be silly! One was Manchester United (must be given - even after the final whistle in some cases....) and the other was . errrmmm .... Brighton and something, wasn't it? Hmmm ..... how can we find a way to disallow it?

Do get with the message!! :facepalm:

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Another questionable VAR decision…..looked to me like Trippier was stood on by Decordova-Reid before the foul, but maybe justice done as Mitro makes a massive mess of the pen with a ‘double hit’. Can’t remember the last time I saw that happen.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Watching on mute, what was wrong with that penalty?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Watching on mute, what was wrong with that penalty?
He slipped as he kicked the ball, it then hit his standing foot. This means he touched it twice, you can’t do that from a penalty, even accidentally.

Reactions: A1X

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
EdJ10n3X0AAv0AV.jpg

Lee Hughes looks like Milky from Me, Myself & Irene.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Toon score

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here