Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 12-14/3/22

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
We were Superb tonight and the crowd were immense.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Pains me to say it but Viera is building a pretty decent team. Surprised, thought he’d be out by now.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Much like the scotch at Wembley - wildly celebrating scraping a 0-0 win.

I was more happier tonight than when we beat them earlier in the season at the etihad. Once you beat them there more than once it loses its appeal .

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
a lot of fans on here are very against taking players on loan but here we have Palace with an excellent loan player doing very well and currently better than us. Yes he might have to go back to Chelsea at the end of the season but he has done very well for them in the current season and that's all you can ask...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was more happier tonight than when we beat them earlier in the season at the etihad. Once you beat them there more than once it loses its appeal .

Happy for you. I'm sure they're dancing in the fried chicken shops of Croydon as we speak.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
:lol: you can’t help yourself can you.

???

They don't have multiple fried chicken shops in Croydon ? I've stopped by in several over the years.

And they are quite often my go-to after a night out on the sauce locally as well.

What gives ?

I am sure you don’t mean it but that could be taken the wrong way.

All I can hear is the dogs barking in the neighbourhood

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
???

They don't have multiple fried chicken shops in Croydon ? I've stopped by in several over the years.

And they are quite often my go-to after a night out on the sauce locally as well.

What gives ?

They're saying what you said had unfortunate - and I'm sure entirely accidental - racist connotations. I think they mean that Croydon has a large number of BAME residents, and there is a historic "relationship" with fried chicken, which was later used as a racial stereotype. (https://www.theguardian.com/food/20...icken-but-the-racism-surrounding-it-shamed-me) - no paywall.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think he knows exactly what he’s doing :rolleyes:

Didn't your club announce Roy Hodgson with a video of white smoke from a Jerk chicken shop?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
a lot of fans on here are very against taking players on loan but here we have Palace with an excellent loan player doing very well and currently better than us. Yes he might have to go back to Chelsea at the end of the season but he has done very well for them in the current season and that's all you can ask...

I'm sure Palace would have preferred to have bought a player like Conor Gallagher a few years ago and developed him through loans or found him via their academy (like Wan Bissaka) or taken a punt on him when he was younger and playing in the Champ or L1 (like Olise, Eze).
Thats Brighton's model and its something that most clubs outside of the top 6 or so , including Palace aspire to.
See their investment in their Academy/Training ground etc. The fact that Gallagher has turned out to be a successful player for Palace earning them one more point than Albion this season is a double edged sword. They won't be able to buy him, its still expensive even for one season and their investment in him mostly benefits Chelsea in the long term not Palace. And not all loanees are like Gallagher. Loftus Cheek for example.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here