Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prejudicing the decision

Albion Rob

I just want to make 100 per cent sure that what we are doing with the emials, flowers and protests doesn't leave the door open for a judicial review. I know Falmer have said they will accept a decision, but are we definately ok to do what we are doing as I think it is illegal for Prescott to listen to what we have to say.

Albion Rob said:
I just want to make 100 per cent sure that what we are doing with the emials, flowers and protests doesn't leave the door open for a judicial review. I know Falmer have said they will accept a decision, but are we definately ok to do what we are doing as I think it is illegal for Prescott to listen to what we have to say.
I've had a PM from someone who is basically asking the same question on behalf of his aunt, who asks:-

"Why do we need to write to J.P. because I thought that he is not allowed to be influenced by outside views?"

The answer is that the Local Plan Inspector's Report (which Prescott will see and which he can take into account) is so full of serious inaccuracies that supporters of the Stadium can reasonably draw the Deputy Prime Minister's attention to them.

Some examples:-

The alternative sites identified by the Local Plan Inspector are available and acceptable - plainly countered by evidence presented to the Public Inquiry;

The Albion is only a "provincial football club" whose future is of no national significance;

In addition, the Inspector's report fails to take proper account of the huge number of jopbs and opportunities for education and skills training that would be provided by the development;

To say nothing of the public support for the Falmer Stadium proposal.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Lets try to work out what has happened.

I think the Inspector was swayed by objectors who wrote in objecting about the local plan. Not enough supporters wrote in.

It is a little bit worrying in view of the Beeding Cement Works decision when the plan was turned down in part because there were other plans for the site (even though these are obscure).

I still see us 3-0 up after the Public Inquiry. Now it is 3-1. What we do not need is any more set-backs.

It will need more than that to stop the impetus.

:)

PS: Any inapproriate action (illegal delayed kick-offs) could result in an own goal. Letters to the Argus would seem the best bet.

I would say the best bet ones are simple Ones "I want to take my son to a game, but it is awkward to get a ticket at Withdean."

"Lots of sports facilities in Sheffield or wherever, why is it so poor in Sussex?"

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
perseus said:
I still see us 3-0 up after the Public Inquiry. Now it is 3-1.
Let's not hope for Spurs-Man City!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here