Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Predict the transfer window

How many of the Albion's squad positions will change in the January transfer window?

Votes: 17 9.8%

Votes: 25 14.5%

Votes: 66 38.2%

Votes: 42 24.3%

Votes: 14 8.1%

Votes: 6 3.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 or more

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
How many of the current 25 (26) will NOT be in the Albion's squad come the end of the transfer window? In short: how many in and out?

(Details of the Home Grown Player (HGP) rules etc here: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?354449-25-man-squad)

1. Ryan
2. Krul (HGP)
3. Maenpaa - unlikely but in the event that we were to bring in 3 or more players, Maenpaa could make his way to accommodate them and Sanchez could fill in as U21 third choice

4. Bruno
5. Schelotto
6. Rosenior (HGP)
7. Suttner
8. Bong
9. Dunk (HGP)
10. Duffy (HGP)
11. Hunemeier
12. Goldson (HGP)

13. Pröpper
14. Stephens (HGP)
15. Kayal
16. Sidwell (HGP) - This one depends on whether he's showing any signs of coming back to fitness. Dangerous to have a long term injured player in your 25 man as your fourth choice CM, for you are only one more injury away from a crisis. Can see a loan coming in to replace him if the signs aren't looking good
17. Knockaert
18. March (HGP)
19. Murphy - Apparently being sold, not a huge miss particularly as he isn't playing and does not fit the home grown quota, although we will look light on the wings if Skalak were to follow him
20. Skalak - See above, the one I'd probably rather us let go than Murphy
21. Izquierdo
22. Groß
U21 Brown

23. Murray
24. Baldock (HGP) - Unlikely to leave but seems that Hughton doesn't rate him for whatever reason
25. Hemed

Red highlights = possible causalities

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
To appease the fans that don't like us defending

Out Dunk, Duffy, Goldson, Uwe, Kayal, Stephens all too negative (and good at defensive duties)

In 2 forwards, 2 wingers, 1 attacking midfield player

Lots of goals but no points for the rest of season, but those that can only watch attacking football will be happy

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
No great changes,a young home grown striker on loan and IMO any money spent might well be on another midfielder,........that scores goals .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To appease the fans that don't like us defending

Out Dunk, Duffy, Goldson, Uwe, Kayal, Stephens all too negative (and good at defensive duties)

In 2 forwards, 2 wingers, 1 attacking midfield player

Lots of goals but no points for the rest of season, but those that can only watch attacking football will be happy

Gross, Duffy, Dunk, Stephens and Ryan to leave in this window. They simply haven't risen to the PL challenge.

Skalak and Murphy promoted to guaranteed first eleven starting slots.

Leaving space for new: 2 strikers, RB, attacking midfielder and a CB.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
2 in 2 out.

Murphy out and maybe another shock out - thinking stupid £40-50m bid for Dunk from someone.

Use Goldson/Hunemeir in the interim and spunk £25/35m on two quality striking additions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Probably sign a GK and a couple for the development squad

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
It will be the usual window for us. We'll talk and surmise possible strikers we'll even get a two hour extension at the end of the window for the super duper ten goals a game striker from from some unknown European league that realised he could be playing championship football next season and he disappear over the horizon. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Out

Skalak to Burton Perm
Murphy to Rangers Perm
Maneapaa to Southend loan
Hemed to Derby Perm
Norwood Perm Fulham
Rosenior loan Brentford
In

Striker Perm
Striker Loan
LB Loan
RB Perm

Yes, but can the tooth fairy play left back?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I really wouldn't be surprised if nothing at all happens after an initial level of interest wanes.
We have got this far after half a season and who is to say that we won't do just as well in the second half.
Save the transfer fees till the summer with the extra boost of the Premier League funds etc. though that is probably bull crap.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Gotta be looking at those not being used, Maaenpa, Rosenior, Hunemeier, Sidwell, Skalak, Murphy, Lua Lua and Baldock.

Of all of those the only one i would say we shouldn't let go is Baldock because he offers something different in attack, but if Hughton isnt going to play him then whats the point?

In 2 strikers, a central midfielder, a winger, and a versatile centre-back who can play full back.

Ok.... Too much to ask for in this window, i know, so how about just a striker?

Surely this time!

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
I just really hope the 'Quite transfer Window' is all a load of BS.

They really can't be that naïve. The fact the Bournemouth have better options is a real worry!.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Out: Dunk, Duffy and Davy for £60m
In : A couple of 10 year olds from Finland for a tenner

Books balanced.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
2 in 2 out.

Murphy out and maybe another shock out - thinking stupid £40-50m bid for Dunk from someone.

Use Goldson/Hunemeir in the interim and spunk £25/35m on two quality striking additions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£40-50 million seems right for Dunk if using van Dijk as a yardstick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here