Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Precautionery Tale

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My youngest got a cab from outside the EVENT to MILE OAK on Tuesday night about 11:15.

She talked to mum and put her phone down.

unfortunately, when she got out of the cab and down our drive she realised she had left the phone ( Two weeks old ) in the cab.

Phoned cab company - asked if they could put a call out for the driver - they said NO as the drivers were all freelance and when he finds the phone he has to put it into Police Station within 24 hours.

We leave it till the next day, rang and rang phone, eventually phoned O2 who dialed it and realised there was a problem and immediatly barred it.

TAXI DRIVER WAS ARABIC IN APPEARENCE TALKED IN VERY STRONG ACCENT.

We go on line Yesterday....phone had been used from 2:30 in the morning until we barred it at 17:30 ....someone made £60 worth of calls and £25 worth of texts to....EGYPT!!!!!!!

Now that is one hell of a coincidence. We have sorted insurance out because we barred the phone withing 24 hours we were ok.

IF IT WAS THE TAXI DRIVER....AND IT IS AN IF....WOULD YOU BE HAPPY THIS f***ing SCUMBAG IS DRIVING YOUR DAUGHTERS OR SONS HOME ON A NIGHT KNOWING HE IS A CRIMINAL?

I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW f***ing ANGRY I AM

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
dave the gaffer said:

IF IT WAS THE TAXI DRIVER....AND IT IS AN IF....WOULD YOU BE HAPPY THIS f***ing SCUMBAG IS DRIVING YOUR DAUGHTERS OR SONS HOME ON A NIGHT KNOWING HE IS A CRIMINAL?

is the answer yes?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Re: Re: Precautionery Tale

mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
is the answer yes?

ha f***ing ha

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
It's a liberty innit? All these foreign bleeding criminals coming over here and taking good old British criminals jobs. What on earth did we beat the French and Spanish at Trafalgar for? I blame it all on the left wingers.

No dogs, no blacks, no Irish. Especially no bugger with a strong foreign accent!

Seriously, he took liberties with someone's telephone that they left in his cab. Yes, he needs a judicial slapping, but you should be able to pass it through to the police who will investigate it for you.

The implication that we are leaving our white daughters in the cabs of known criminals is a bit of a stretch, and carries some fairly nasty undertones. He is hardly a rapist or a murderer - he phoned him mum and his relatives.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
i'd go there next week,same time,same place,find the bastard and ram his curly slippers up his arse

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Theres an answer to the problem of wheter a cabbie could be a criminal or not:

Don't get random minicabs. Only use a company you know, or use whatever your areas equivalent of a normal taxi is. Fully licenced taxis have driver vetting procedures, complaints and comeback systems, etc.

Can't change the past, but it can prevent that kind of crap happening again. I for one won't take non-plate taxis unless they're from my local company.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
My misses' car overheated yesterday.........steam everywhere.........and in her panic she pulled over onto a verge and jumped out, only for her £230 mobile to fly out of her bag down an enbankment.......impossible to get to or find.......

Luckily someone pulled over to help, as she had no means of getting assistance.........

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
mroe to the point, what was she doing in the EVENT of all places?!?! :lolol:

seriously, yeah find him and give him a slap, there are some dodgy cab drivers out there but the majority are alright.

dave the gaffer said:
My youngest got a cab from outside the EVENT to MILE OAK on Tuesday night about 11:15.

She talked to mum and put her phone down.

unfortunately, when she got out of the cab and down our drive she realised she had left the phone ( Two weeks old ) in the cab.

Phoned cab company - asked if they could put a call out for the driver - they said NO as the drivers were all freelance and when he finds the phone he has to put it into Police Station within 24 hours.

We leave it till the next day, rang and rang phone, eventually phoned O2 who dialed it and realised there was a problem and immediatly barred it.

TAXI DRIVER WAS ARABIC IN APPEARENCE TALKED IN VERY STRONG ACCENT.

We go on line Yesterday....phone had been used from 2:30 in the morning until we barred it at 17:30 ....someone made £60 worth of calls and £25 worth of texts to....EGYPT!!!!!!!

Now that is one hell of a coincidence. We have sorted insurance out because we barred the phone withing 24 hours we were ok.

I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW f***ing ANGRY I AM
Bit stable door I know but did your daughter manage to get his cab number or even the circuit he drives on,this problem is getting out of hand now in Brighton,not racist ,FACT,alot of cabbies are driving off their Brothers or cousins brief,would advise your daughter to store this number in her next phone01273595959,good southwick firm,fully accountable,I'm not a cabbie so am not plugging my own firm,It's a firm Mrs S . feels comfortable with when she's out on the razzle.Hope all works out ok DTG.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
sounds similar to the time I got dropped off, cabbie drove off with my records in the boot, £500 worth of 60's northern soul, ske and funk. I called everyone, got similar answers, and no joy

theiving pikey scum bastards, all of them

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
dave the gaffer said:
.......WOULD YOU BE HAPPY THIS f***ing SCUMBAG IS DRIVING YOUR DAUGHTERS OR SONS HOME ON A NIGHT KNOWING HE IS A CRIMINAL?

I expect he exceeded the speed limit on a couple of occasions too :rolleyes:

There are criminals everywhere but, as HampshireSeagulls has pointed out, there's a big difference between stealing some airtime and carrying out the kind of act which to I think you're alluding.

Next time, I'd phone O2 straight away and get it barred. It'd save you a lot more grief. I hope you gave Miss DTG a stern talking to for being so careless.......

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Reminds me of a time when on a course in London, we went down the west end for a few beers etc. At 3am decided it was time to head back to hotel. Some bloke asked us if we were looking for a taxi and we said yes. Got in the cab and he started heading in the general direction of our hotel at East Finchley. He then got completely lost and we had to give him directions. It was only by luck that we recalled the way from the taxi going in. Needless to say we refused to pay him when we got there.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Good idea is to always use 595959. Southwick company that will pick up in hove & hangleton as well. I dont work for them but on 3 drunken occasions I have left keys, Wallet & Mobile in their cabs (1 on each occasion) and they have always brought the item back. On one occasion the driver dropped me off at the Albion Pub in Hove and I didnt even realise I had left my mobile in the cab until 20 mins later he actually came into the pub to return it to me.

chez said:
Good idea is to always use 595959. Southwick company that will pick up in hove & hangleton as well. I dont work for them but on 3 drunken occasions I have left keys, Wallet & Mobile in their cabs (1 on each occasion) and they have always brought the item back. On one occasion the driver dropped me off at the Albion Pub in Hove and I didnt even realise I had left my mobile in the cab until 20 mins later he actually came into the pub to return it to me.
I've had pick me up from the marina,good local firm:clap2: :clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
zefarelly said:
sounds similar to the time I got dropped off, cabbie drove off with my records in the boot, £500 worth of 60's northern soul, ske and funk. I called everyone, got similar answers, and no joy

theiving pikey scum bastards, all of them

I don't think a couple of Nsc contributors will agree with your major generalisation.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Presumably an itemised bill will arrive at some point with a list of the numbers called. Plenty of scope there for a bit of sport if you're so inclined... ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here