Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pre season signings 2016-17 season ** Official Thread **

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Matt Phillips (QPR) to WBA. Can only be a good thing. Not a flair player but quite useful for a potential rival to lose their best remaining player.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Steve Sidwell - Free Transfer
Ben Hall ( Dev Squad ) - Undisclosed
Glenn Murray - Season loan
Tyler Forbes ( Dev Squad ) - Undisclosed

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Steve Sidwell - Free Transfer
Ben Hall ( Dev Squad ) - Undisclosed
Glenn Murray - Season loan
Tyler Forbes ( Dev Squad ) - Undisclosed
IMO this business is excellent,keeping the first eleven (so far !!! ) intact ,and allowing young signings to push through. I don't think we will sign anyone else (unless we have serious departures ),except for a replacement for Wilson,could be Wilson...

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
IMO this business is excellent,keeping the first eleven (so far !!! ) intact ,and allowing young signings to push through. I don't think we will sign anyone else (unless we have serious departures ),except for a replacement for Wilson,could be Wilson...

You don't think we'll sign anyone else?
We need another striker to challenge Baldock - probably the most expensive signing we'll make this summer - won't be a loan signing as can't believe we'll have two loan signings in such an important position.

GK and Defenders I think we're done. I don't think we'll go for another CB as we have Dunk, Goldson, Hunemeir (sp?), Dallison and Hall. I'm looking forward to seeing Dallison on Saturday to see if he'll be the backup to the first 3.

Out wide we're covered - in fact an embarrassment of riches!

So that leaves midfield, realistically we currently have 4 who are good enough - can't see JFC, Ince or Holla being near the team. Once JFC leaves (as it appears he's going to) we'll get another midfielder. I'm expecting someone from the lower league like Cousins or Dack. Someone who has got good experience and will push Kayal and Stephens.

So IF we don't lose anybody I reckon we'll get another 2 first team additions, a striker and a Midfielder.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
the only evidence for him having a severe virus was that it was repeated on here so often that people believed it.

He didn't have a "severe" virus.

How do you know this? I know you love finding and posting facts from press interviews etc, but you must understand a lot of things is not reported and kept under wraps by the club, but can find it's way out for one reason or another. Not a criticism but just because Chris Hughton hasn't said it, doesn't mean something isn't true.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
How do you know this? I know you love finding and posting facts from press interviews etc, but you must understand a lot of things is not reported and kept under wraps by the club, but can find it's way out for one reason or another. Not a criticism but just because Chris Hughton hasn't said it, doesn't mean something isn't true.

Can you really play and would Hughton pick a player for 1200 minutes of championship football, who missed only 3 games in 6 months, and in the end scored 5 goals with a severe virus ? Nerves, form, inexperience. I grant you are the bleedin obvious reasons why he didn't bang in 10+ goals and blow the division away. But illness ? for 6 months ? Really ? Let alone an illness that the club have kept secret from everyone. (why would they ?)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We need another striker to challenge Baldock - probably the most expensive signing we'll make this summer - won't be a loan signing as can't believe we'll have two loan signings in such an important position.

GK and Defenders I think we're done. I don't think we'll go for another CB as we have Dunk, Goldson, Hunemeir (sp?), Dallison and Hall. I'm looking forward to seeing Dallison on Saturday to see if he'll be the backup to the first 3.

So that leaves midfield, realistically we currently have 4 who are good enough - can't see JFC, Ince or Holla being near the team. Once JFC leaves (as it appears he's going to) we'll get another midfielder. I'm expecting someone from the lower league like Cousins or Dack. Someone who has got good experience and will push Kayal and Stephens.

So IF we don't lose anybody I reckon we'll get another 2 first team additions, a striker and a Midfielder.

Cousins signing for QPR in the next couple of days apparently. Be interesting to see what they pay.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London

Now Greer has left we need another centre-half too.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Assuming no departures ! we need a atriker, a center back, a full back and a central midfielder.

It could be the full back is not needed if the central midfielder or center back can also play in that position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here