Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pre-season photos : what we can learn

Dunk&Disorderly

Mar 29, 2019
Brighton
Molumby's already 'done his time' in the Championship with distinction. With the arrivals of the like of Moder, Karbownik, Caiceido and Mwepu (sp?) I think he'll be wanting to move on and move away. Sadly, but can't blame him.
In retrospect, taking that club record offer (£2 or £3M?) from Millwall might have been a good idea all round.

Didn't realise that was the case re Millwall's record offer... yes potentially I agree with you!

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Florin Andone pictures on Twitter stating that he’s looking forward to the season ahead. Is he the extra forward we need?

Yes he is.

Our players don't seem to have numbers on their training kit this season, are we to see big changes in the numbering and they're waiting a few weeks to get the squad settled down before committing to numbers?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Nice to see the club's dedicated commitment to taking the knee. They even practice it in training sessions...

20210713_155653.jpg

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Molumby will be sold I'd think. He's been very vocal about his career progression and the PNE loan was a waste of time.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It's that time of year when the players return to training after their summer breaks, and the club posted some pictures from the first training session onto their website yesterday.
Whilst slightly unreliable, due to a few first team players missing after the euros or quarantine (Bissouma), these early photos could give an indication of potential outgoings. They also provide insight into the u23s that we could see make an impact for Potter this season. There are around 40 photos, so I won't post them all, instead I'll focus on the key omissions and inclusions in the first training session.

Glaring omissions( excluding internationals): Aaron Connolly, Jahanbaksh, Matt Clarke
Surprise inclusions: Haydon Roberts, Reda Khadra, Carl Rushworth, Ostigard, Number 42?
Happy to see: Mwepu, Lamptey and March all appear to be training with the squad!

Sorry for the lack of photos, find all 38 below.
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/galleries/2188356/gallery-first-day-back#2188349
gallery-first-day-back

Just out of interest....why is it surprising to see Ostigard and Khadra in those pictures? Khadra was a member of the first team squad last season, before he got injured (he was on the team sheet for four first team matches, coming on for his PL debut against Man City); where would you expect Ostigard to be training?

Number 42 is Marc Leonard, by the way.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Both Molumby and Connolly reported for training as expected, just weren't featured in the photos.

So Ali J and Clarke off then.

SeagullB

Jul 4, 2021
Sorry, wasn't so much meant to be 'surprise' inclusions, more just interesting players that we haven't really seen with the squad previously. I totally agree that Khadra and Ostigard should be part of the squad next season, however I can't admit to really knowing much about Leonard, and I'd be surprised if he is a part of the ssquad next season when other centre mids such as Alzate struggle for minutes.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
I also have high hopes for Khadra breaking through this season.

Looks like he's lost a load of weight over the summer too. He looked quite stocky last season but in this pic he looks lean and fit Screenshot_20210713-233409_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Good to know.

What about Dan Burn and Taylor Richards?

I'd presume a similar situation to Connolly and Molumby, just not in frame.

Details about Aaron and Jayson came directly from the club on enquiry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here