Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pre match pub re millwall

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
i want to watch the merseyside derby before the millwall game and was wondering if anybody knows a watering hole around the london bridge station area that will be showing it and you have a half reasonable chance of going in there and getting out alive?

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
shit, didn't get time to send off for a ticket today.How are they going?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm not sure that pub will be open ?

Why not try the George on Borough High Steet - one of the oldest pubs (if not the oldest?) in London.

You'll miss if your not careful - in a court yard off Borough High Street.

For a very cheeky historical one, I would recommend the Anchor (about 10 mins walk from London Bridge) on the South Bank.

It's behind Southwark Cathedral (opposite London Bridge Station) then down Clink Street (there was a prison on this street and that's where the word "clink" comes from)

Anyway the Anchor is right on on the river and is on a site that was the originally changing rooms for Shakespears Globe Theatre.

In the summer quite busy with tourists - but this time of year pretty empty.

There are also a good very few pubs in Borough Market - again just down from the London Bridge on Borough High Street.

The Market is fantastic - not old tat but a gastronomic food lovers paradise.

You may recognise the streets around it anyway. They are often used for films, the most famous recent one being Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Roger Mellie

Sep 27, 2004
London SE1
None of those mentioned so far will show the game if they are open. The ones that will are The Kings head, The Market Porter, The Globe. All these will be busy because it is market day. You will come out alive because they are all nice pubs. But the best secret footy pub around and just as close to the station, closer if you use St Thomas St entrance, is The Horseshoe on Melior St http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.s...on,+SE1&searchp=newsearch.srf&mapp=newmap.srf
Nice pub with good menu and plasma plus old style 10ft screen. Nothing is great around there but this is probably pick of the bunch if there are a few of you and you want to eat and see the footy

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the Market Porter currently has Harveys, in fact looks like a tied pub with Harveys bar mats. the Royal Oak closes at the weekend (or at least has been on a couple of occassions when ive been passing). The George is a fantastic pub and plenty of space out in the courtyard, but expensive

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We will be inj the Market Porter, but there are no Telly's in the pub as far as I remember...although will be checking this tonight in my local office piss up celebrating the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ!!!!

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
What's the pub just by that decent restaurant called "Fish" by Borough Market?

Watched the Brighton vs Swindon game in there (Virgo's header game :) ) and was quality

There is also another large pub just by that sixteeth century ship by the waterfront...only drank in there outside during the summer, but guess its alright during the winter months??

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
dave the gaffer said:
We will be inj the Market Porter, but there are no Telly's in the pub as far as I remember...although will be checking this tonight in my local office piss up celebrating the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ!!!!

Get in!

:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here