Pre-kick off

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
And yet 73% of 1173 voters so far have voted for Ring Of Fire.

Seems NSC is very out of touch and unrepresentative on this subject.

As is very often the case with 'social media'. if you believed Twitter Jeremy Corbyn is going to be our next prime minister. :facepalm:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Not a massive fan of either but the great escape was fine for the playoffs but not sure it's real relevance being played every week

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Neither. We do not need it. I'd prefer it if it were a different albion song started every week by someone with a bloody megaphone to be honest.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd opt for Ring of Fire if I had the choice, but, by heavens, get a version not done by Rednex please. I find it embarrassing, but then really that's what I feel about most things, so it's not a singular act of rippled-face wincing. Tis a ludicrous tempo, with too many cartoonesque bursts and somersaults of riff.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Out of the two ROF, although personally I feel pre match build up should finish with SBTS, and from then on leave it to the crowd.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
And yet 73% of 1173 voters so far have voted for Ring Of Fire.

Seems NSC is very out of touch and unrepresentative on this subject.
quickly scanning the thread seems more than 73% of people who prefer one or the other prefer Ring of Fire, how is that out of touch and unrepresentative?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
quickly scanning the thread seems more than 73% of people who prefer one or the other prefer Ring of Fire, how is that out of touch and unrepresentative?
The amount of CRINGING on NSC doesn't tally up with the amount of actual voting on the poll.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Being given a choice of two things you don't want seem to be the way of consultation these days, then whatever % wins the operator says it's what the people want. No it isn't.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So you are in favour of silence or a light mumble from the odd section every now and then?

I used to love hearing opposing fans trying to outsing each other in the 10-15 mins before kick off years ago. Sounded so much better than todays civilised manufactures atmosphere. May not work, but worth a try?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Too often the music exceeds the kick off for too long and seems uncoordinated. Personally I would rather neither and let the atmosphere build after Sussex by the sea.

That has always been enough for me.

The great escape was completely irrelevant on Friday. No idea why anyone at the club thought it was a good idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports