Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet's post-match interview

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Thought Brown was obnoxious..deliberately tried to get Bridge booked and made sure Bridcutt did

I hate him. Horrible footballer. But the sort of cynical "pro" that Warnock and similarly old school managers love. His breed has died out though, and long may it remain dead.

To be fair some of our players go down very easily too.

Amen brother. It's not a particularly pleasant fact, but fact it is.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Leeds should've had at least 9 yellows. He was letting them get away with murder. Constant shirt pulling, diving, cynical fouls.

We were doing the same to be fair.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Don't forget Warnock had a pop at Chelsea during the week, not allowed to do that in Gus's eyes.

He was correct about Varney diving, but we do it as well.

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
we may moan about Brown but Crofts fouled just as badly in the last minute. I laughed when he did it but would've been crying had they scored as they almost did from the free kick

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
we may moan about Brown but Crofts fouled just as badly in the last minute. I laughed when he did it but would've been crying had they scored as they almost did from the free kick

Agree it was a cynical foul but I think Crofts did it as otherwise they would have been 1-on-1 with El-Abd who was struggling to walk let alone play football after pulling his hamstring. I think it was a case of taking one for the team...

Stumpy Tim

The latter two penalties were very soft, but the ref was consistent. I actually thought the ref had a decent game. I know it's not done, but I like Colin and the way he sets his team up. Yes they're a bit cynical, but the people moaning about that are probably the same people who laugh when El-Abd spends a game trying to wind up the opposition striker - like he was doing with Diouf the whole game. It's part and parcel of the game. Last night alone it could be argued CMS dived for the final penalty, Crofts did a cynical foul on Brown at the end, and El-Abd was trying to get Diouf sent off all game - I don't see many people complaining those things on this board.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We all know Warnock is a hypocrite. Diouf is a sewer rat yet he was more than happy to sign him this season. I hate his teams

I don't hold him in such high esteem :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Agree it was a cynical foul but I think Crofts did it as otherwise they would have been 1-on-1 with El-Abd who was struggling to walk let alone play football after pulling his hamstring. I think it was a case of taking one for the team...

That was my thoughts at the time, that he took one for the team.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
As should Brown have been for the free kick and therefore sent off
The Varney pen was marginal, but you cannot get away from the fact that Brown should have gone for that cynical tug on the edge it was a definite yellow... ref bottled it.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Buckley went down every time the wind changed direction. El-Abd was all over Diouf and Becchio. Brighton gave as good as they got.

The Varney pen was marginal, but you cannot get away from the fact that Brown should have gone for that cynical tug on the edge it was a definite yellow... ref bottled it.

From the south, it looked like hew was reaching for a card till about 3 Leeds ran in between him and Brown presumably to remind him he was already on a yellow. Don't think their pen would have been given if CMS had not already had one either.....

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Buckley went down every time the wind changed direction. El-Abd was all over Diouf and Becchio. Brighton gave as good as they got.

What a beautiful phrase! :lolol: But not true last night. He often does fall over a lot, but that wasn't the case last night.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
got a very good point though with people like Warnock who bang on and on about stuff like diving and then his own players go down so easily, let's hear him have a go at his own players some time.
Agreed. I didn't think about it until Gus pointed out, then I could picture all the times I've seen Warnock rant and about opposing players and managers.

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
Unfortunately we got done for both goals by players going down too easy. The first goal was the obvious one but their second goal came about when Buckley had the ball around halfway facing our goal with a defender behind him but when he felt the defender he flopped to the floor. He should have been strong and held the defender off and then Leeds would not have got the ball and scored. The way we are going down easily has increased dramatically of late and it is costing us.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Agreed. I didn't think about it until Gus pointed out, then I could picture all the times I've seen Warnock rant and about opposing players and managers.

he was making a big song and dance about it only a week or two ago

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here