Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Poyet

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
He was a decent lower-league manager.

Hit his career glass ceiling whilst in the Championship with us.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I wonder what he thinks of those pathetic “reached the ceiling“ comments now.

To be fair perhaps Gus did.
When he was asked if when he was manager he'd ever thought we'd have a world cup winner in our team unsurprisingly he said no. Ceiling was completely in his mind.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
How odd to be upset by this. He was a great manager for us - which is beyond question. It didn't end well and I'm sure he regrets it but of course he deserves our applause and it was nice to be able to be there to symbolically thank him.
Not upset, just surprised after the “mixed” reception another great manager got on his return, more recently. Some fans will applaud anything/anyone with a connection with the club although Nathan Jones was quite rightly ignored today

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thanks for the explanation but for me, it'll take me a little more than patting his heart to make up for f***ing over our chairman and club, but each to their own :shrug:
This.

Poyet spoiled the last year or so with his tedious politicking through the media and flirting with other clubs whilst paid handsomely to fulfil a professional role for us. To cap it all, what a shit actor in that TV studio appearance.

Bloom ultimately lucked out with his departure, as he became an irritant for 6 other owners.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Not upset, just surprised after the “mixed” reception another great manager got on his return, more recently. Some fans will applaud anything/anyone with a connection with the club although Nathan Jones was quite rightly ignored today
And I would expect Potter will probably get a good reception at some point in the future. Time is a great healer and it would be ridiculous not to acknowledge the good he did once the rawness of his departure has died down.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Thanks for the explanation but for me, it'll take me a little more than patting his heart to make up for f***ing over our chairman and club, but each to their own :shrug:
Yes he was a very silly boy with a massive ego, but he paid the ultimate price for his stupidity with the sack, and probably the end of what could have been a career at the very top in the game.

We must never forget that Gus Poyet was the man who led us out of the wilderness and into the promised land of the Premier League, with all the riches that that brings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here