Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet wants OUT

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
According to the Daily Mail Gus is keen to leave to a club nearer London and Reading fits the bill

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2292286/Gus-Poyet-contention-Reading-job.html

I would be delighted if they took him off our hands. It would make up for taking Coppell when his was doing a great job for us.

Hopefully their owner has billions of pounds to waste on Poyet signings. The only way that Poyet can move forward is to join a club with silly money to spend on players capable of doing things his way, as he is clearly never going to adapt his way to the money available to him at The Albion.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Bored to death with this Poyet speculation. Just want to know what he is going to do about the wheels coming off our season again. Why talk him up for a job that needs a firefighter. We know Gus can't arrest slides...they have to run their course before we get back to winning ways. i.e winless v Palace and Forest before sparking into life v Charlton.( when its too late )
Anyone talking him up for a top job ( e.g Wilkins ) haven't studied him close at hand for long periods, like us. Outsiders, looking from afar and liking what they see, without scratching the surface.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
Reading is not as mad as it sounds - they come down, GP takes no blame for that, then gets a premiership squad boosted by new additions he wants from the TV and chairman's money and he has, on paper, a great chance of getting Reading up at first chance looking good doing it.....at the present time, and if we don't go up this year which looks questionable, this would potentially be a pretty smart move by GP albeit quite ruthless.

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
This wouldn't surprise me at all. I see he has been trying his best to distance himself, from the team taking 1 point from their last three games. Saying THEY shot themselves in the foot. Nothing like all be in it together eh???

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
This wouldn't surprise me at all. I see he has been trying his best to distance himself, from the team taking 1 point from their last three games. Saying THEY shot themselves in the foot. Nothing like all be in it together eh???

Maybe they buy themselves, coach themselves, and decide who fancies a game. Vicente enjoys the last bit most because he gets to say no.

Maybe it was them who could not get any of their mates to come here to play as striker, after CMS was injured?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Maybe they buy themselves, coach themselves, and decide who fancies a game. Vicente enjoys the last bit most because he gets to say no.

Maybe it was them who could not get any of their mates to come here to play as striker, after CMS was injured?

Well it's not Gus is it??? Because he is a footballing genius, operating at a far superior level than any other manager in this league on his miserly budget. In fact I'm amazed we are are we are with a squad half full of ex champions league, prem and international players..

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Well it's not Gus is it??? Because he is a footballing genius, operating at a far superior level than any other manager in this league on his miserly budget. In fact I'm amazed we are are we are with a squad half full of ex champions league, prem and international players..

Nope, clearly nothing to do with Poyet! He had told the Argus that it is those pesky players, and nothing to do with him or his now very quiet shadow Tanno, just the players fault.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Nope, clearly nothing to do with Poyet! He had told the Argus that it is those pesky players, and nothing to do with him or his now very quiet shadow Tanno, just the players fault.

Bloom playing things with a poker face but he must be getting a bit worried about things, this team are seriously under achieving at times and unless this is dealt with then things will always end up the same way

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The reporter is only a trainee, he's still learning his trade. Go easy on him..

I heard Holloway was interested in the Reading job as he wanted to work for a Club with passionate fans :laugh:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They let themselves down as soon as they said about being closer to London, whoever made that up is seriously stupid seeing as he live in SE london which is much closer to Brighton.

This.

Orpington to Brighton, going the opposite to rush hour traffic,

Or the never ending nightmare of the M25 and M4.

= The 'journalist' or 'source' has been caught for lying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here