Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet to Palace

"the tools to do the job" - MONEY both in wages and transfer budget due to parachute payments
Parish didn't slag him off on Twitter, and nowhere has this been mentioned in the press or by Dougie/Parish.

Unfortunately for you, any sensible football fan can see that this was a sideways (at best) move for money alone.

No mention of "support" & stadium again then :lolol:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
They aren't built around conceding shit loads of goals, but we are playing without our first choice defense at the moment. We're missing our captain Paddy McCarthy at CB, Gabbidon who would be a first choice defender, and Ward who had been out for a couple of weeks.

The most crucial thing about our recent fantastic form, is that we've been playing (and beating) some of the best sides in the division. We've beaten Leicester away from home, Wolves away from home, Bolton away from home, Cardiff at Selhurst, etc. These are all sides that are expected to challenge the top 6 this season, and we've got 3 points against all of them. While there are no easy games in the Championship, we've got most of the hard ones out of the way early on.

As I said it's fantastic form but to say it's been without your first choice defence isn't quite accurate is it? McCarthy is a donkey so it's been a blessing for you that he's been injured, Ward has played quite a lot and been indifferent from what I've read. And how many has Gabbidon played for you so far? Does that mean Delaney will get dropped once McCarthy and Gabbidon are available?

An injury to Murray and Zaha and you're screwed going forward and left to rely on Wilbraham and Easter for goals. As talented as Williams is he seems rather prone to injury and can't really be relied on for consistent games, much like Vicente. Not saying you will, but it wouldn't surprise me to see you go on a long run without a win this season, or finish in a mediocre midtable position

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
In the same way, when you play some of the sides in the top half (you've only gotten 1 point against top half sides so far!!) you might get a better idea of how good your team actually is.

I must have imagined beating Sheffield Wednesday 3-0 when they were in the top half of the table then.

:facepalm:

Littlehampton Palace

Littlehampton Based Palac
Nov 5, 2007
LITTLEHAMPTON
Notice you didn't mention the "support" or stadium :lolol:

Coming from a Brighton fan who've had shlt hole stadiums up until last year and much lower attendance than Palace before the 1000's of kiddies Mums and Dads and all floating Premier league teams supporters started coming along to the Amex,

I'll be back with the comparable average over the last 80 years soon ;)Only one club in Sussex and yet its taken all these years to get better crowds than a club with premier clubs on its doorstep so with the catchment area you have in Brighton all the shame is on you!

Looked at the table recently?

Yep I keep a copy of the FINAL table from last season tattoed on my p****.

I don't look at the current table as it keeps changing - however no doubt in my mind that we will finish above you again.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Lennie was always going to go when Dougie went. Dougie has joined Bolton for money - nothing else.

So your original quote should really have said that you are an attractive proposition for any manager willing to work for peanuts with no transfer kitty.

Coming from a Brighton fan who've had shlt hole stadiums up until last year and much lower attendance than Palace before the 1000's of kiddies Mums and Dads and all floating Premier league teams supporters started coming along to the Amex,

I'll be back with the comparable average over the last 80 years soon ;)Only one club in Sussex and yet its taken all these years to get better crowds than a club with premier clubs on its doorstep so with the catchment area you have in Brighton all the shame is on you!

You don't understand catchment areas - its not land size its people within it ! You have 6 million people living within 15 miles of your doorstep with only Charlton & Millwall as alternatives.

Overall Albion average larger crowds than Palace since end of WW2 when both clubs play in same league and in similar sized venues.

Don't get me started on your shit support - home and away.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
As I said it's fantastic form but to say it's been without your first choice defence isn't quite accurate is it? McCarthy is a donkey so it's been a blessing for you that he's been injured, Ward has played quite a lot and been indifferent from what I've read. And how many has Gabbidon played for you so far? Does that mean Delaney will get dropped once McCarthy and Gabbidon are available?

An injury to Murray and Zaha and you're screwed going forward and left to rely on Wilbraham and Easter for goals. As talented as Williams is he seems rather prone to injury and can't really be relied on for consistent games, much like Vicente. Not saying you will, but it wouldn't surprise me to see you go on a long run without a win this season, or finish in a mediocre midtable position

The squad will be strengthened in January, the owners have confirmed this in the past few days. Pretty obvious that the new manager will look to buy a new striker and winger as like you say, we don't have much quality back up in that department. If Murray and Zaha can last till January without an injury or large suspension then I think we will be in a very strong place for the 2nd half of the season.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
The squad will be strengthened in January, the owners have confirmed this in the past few days. Pretty obvious that the new manager will look to buy a new striker and winger as like you say, we don't have much quality back up in that department. If Murray and Zaha can last till January without an injury or large suspension then I think we will be in a very strong place for the 2nd half of the season.
You honestly believe every word they say?

I thought they only wanted to invest £1mill of what ever they get from the sale of Zaha?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
You honestly believe every word they say?

I thought they only wanted to invest £1mill of what ever they get from the sale of Zaha?

Complete fiction. Posted in a random blog post on the internet by someone who claimed to have sources that they couldn't name, which was then deleted shortly after. Nothing in the press, from Freedman or from CPFC2010 has indicated anything of the sort.

Literally no evidence exists to back up that ridiculous claim. CPFC2010 have already said that they will take the money from the eventual Zaha sale to cover losses, then the remainder will be put back into the budget. I'd expect around £5m to go back into the squad, assuming a minimum fee of £15m.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
So your original quote should really have said that you are an attractive proposition for any manager willing to work for peanuts with no transfer kitty.

Wrong. Our budget is the same as Leeds and the chairmen have said we will strengthen in January if we are still the promotion mix. Just because we wouldn't match Bolton's 500k wage a year doesn't mean we pay 'peanuts', Freedman first contract was based on the fact that Palace was his first job as a No.1

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Wrong. Our budget is the same as Leeds and the chairmen have said we will strengthen in January if we are still the promotion mix. Just because we wouldn't match Bolton's 500k wage a year doesn't mean we pay 'peanuts', Freedman first contract was based on the fact that Palace was his first job as a No.1

More chance of being in the Bombay mix.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Let's face it, we're 4th in the League, playing fantastic football, we have a good squad and the best player in the league. We're quite an attractive proposition for any manager outside the top flight.

On the face of it I'd have to agree, but as an Albion fan I'm hoping your chairman is an interferring twat who will drive any half decent prospect away with a crap budget, low wage and a say in team selection. You'll understand why I'm hoping that of course :smile:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Complete fiction. Posted in a random blog post on the internet by someone who claimed to have sources that they couldn't name, which was then deleted shortly after. Nothing in the press, from Freedman or from CPFC2010 has indicated anything of the sort.

Literally no evidence exists to back up that ridiculous claim. CPFC2010 have already said that they will take the money from the eventual Zaha sale to cover losses, then the remainder will be put back into the budget. I'd expect around £5m to go back into the squad, assuming a minimum fee of £15m.

Hahahahahaha!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here