Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet post match interview!

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Listening to Gus after game,it seems that he definately knows the areas where we are lacking what he acknowledges as quality.Thats the easy bit,getting better available players in is no easy feat on the kind of budget it seems he has available.As a manager i believe he is getting the best out of what he has.I realistically think like thousands of Albion fans, that this season is a learning curve and survival is his remit, anything else is a bonus. He is currently getting the best out of players that are div 1 standard at best and come pre season 2012-2013 he will have a much improved squad capable of mounting a promotion campaign.Patience is the key!

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
To be fair it was a good interview from Gus. No excuses- knows we are not good enough at the moment. Did anyone detect a hint that he is not happy with wankergren?

pintsawhiskey

Apr 17, 2010
bn1
Im agree with you, but would you then say Barnsley have better players than us, as they are above us, scoring and playing well, so can Keith hill for example get more out of our players than gus?

Not having a pop I am still firmly in the gus camp, we have so much to be happy for.

And people forget we have a chairman who is no fool..... He knows what it takes to succeed he is a winner, and more than that he is a lucky face.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Im agree with you, but would you then say Barnsley have better players than us, as they are above us, scoring and playing well, so can Keith hill for example get more out of our players than gus?

Not having a pop I am still firmly in the gus camp, we have so much to be happy for.

And people forget we have a chairman who is no fool..... He knows what it takes to succeed he is a winner, and more than that he is a lucky face.

Barnsley have far more players in there squad with championship experience and i think we will finish above them.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
To be fair it was a good interview from Gus. No excuses- knows we are not good enough at the moment. Did anyone detect a hint that he is not happy with wankergren?
I don't think he was too happy a couple of months ago and he brought in Harper to try and shake things up but it hasn't had the desired effect.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Listening to Gus after game,it seems that he definately knows the areas where we are lacking what he acknowledges as quality.Thats the easy bit,getting better available players in is no easy feat on the kind of budget it seems he has available.As a manager i believe he is getting the best out of what he has.I realistically think like thousands of Albion fans, that this season is a learning curve and survival is his remit, anything else is a bonus. He is currently getting the best out of players that are div 1 standard at best and come pre season 2012-2013 he will have a much improved squad capable of mounting a promotion campaign.Patience is the key!

I still like Gus and think he has the makings of a top class manager - although he must take his share of the blame. Saints are top with more or less the same squad that finished below ours. Coventry are cack - we should have got at least a point today.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I think Bloom may need to relax his wage structure somewhat if we are to compete effectively long-term in this division. I am not in any way suggesting we should pay Pompey or Leicester style wages, but if we do have the 16th or 17th lowest budget (I haven't any idea by the way), then we are not going to cut it alongside a load of ex-Premiership teams. Fair enough, he is still learning as is Gus, but I think hoping to generate all future funds internally may be a little bit optimistic. Clearly, goalkeeper, full backs, midfield and forwards need considerable strengthening. Doesn't necessarily mean spending big, but Gus might need to overcome his opposition to the loan system and exploit it like Coppell did. I do think though that Gus must take some of the blame, as other posters have said; he does appear to be rather one-dimensional. Tippy tappy across the back is so easy to read, and you could easily tell Reading were going to hit us. Soon as we started to tap it, they pressed us and well, the score tells the rest.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I still like Gus and think he has the makings of a top class manager - although he must take his share of the blame. Saints are top with more or less the same squad that finished below ours. Coventry are cack - we should have got at least a point today.

What is clear in this division is that if you make mistakes you get punished. If you look at (for example) West Ham, Boro and today, individual errors in each match prevented us getting a point.

What is more worrying is the lack of chances at the other end.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In Gus we trust? This the one who got vicente ( sick note) billy elliot (fat tub of useless f*** all),trust is starting to ebb away at decisions like these.

And also Greer, Noone, KLL, took Dunk from the stiffs and made him a first teamer, Marcus Painter, Calderon, CMS, turned Murray from a mardarse into a deadly all round striker and won the league last season with FIVE games to go?

You are deluded.

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
And also Greer, Noone, KLL, took Dunk from the stiffs and made him a first teamer, Marcus Painter, Calderon, CMS, turned Murray from a mardarse into a deadly all round striker and won the league last season with FIVE games to go?

You are deluded.

Deluded,yeah maybe,Murray the guy he decided to go back on his word and let go? Whatever way you look at that,he f***ed up not keeping Murray,and some may say,he could of kept him,but his ego,or chip on shoulder didnt allow it,and Billy Barndoor,Gus is opening talks i read somewhere,tell me,what can you or Gus see in that useless f*** that no one else can? Vicente,Gus signs his own players,whatever way you look at that,thats been 1 big f*** up,so deluded,yeah ok

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

No! detected he wasnt happy with CMS!!! Im not trying to bullshit either - he made a comment about the ball going under "someones foot" and it not being good enough. Form what i heard on the radio, i thought it might be CMS.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Deluded,yeah maybe,Murray the guy he decided to go back on his word and let go? Whatever way you look at that,he f***ed up not keeping Murray,and some may say,he could of kept him,but his ego,or chip on shoulder didnt allow it,and Billy Barndoor,Gus is opening talks i read somewhere,tell me,what can you or Gus see in that useless f*** that no one else can? Vicente,Gus signs his own players,whatever way you look at that,thats been 1 big f*** up,so deluded,yeah ok

You loveeeeeeeeeee commas don't you.

se3eagle

Banned
Aug 30, 2011
answer shed out loads of cash for over rated players who under perform go down end up in admin....anyone with half a brain cell can see thats where your going...bye bye gus

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
No! detected he wasnt happy with CMS!!! Im not trying to bullshit either - he made a comment about the ball going under "someones foot" and it not being good enough. Form what i heard on the radio, i thought it might be CMS.

Yea my thought as well, he tried controlling a ball and it went right under his foot...

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
answer shed out loads of cash for over rated players who under perform go down end up in admin....anyone with half a brain cell can see thats where your going...bye bye gus

That counts you out then.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Some people are complete bellends what did you really expect we are now in one of the most competitive leagues in the WORLD not league 1 with a squad that had 10 minutes previous experience in this league, it is a huge step up and learning curve. Some people seem to think we can now buy the best 11 players and walk this league - quite simply you are idiots! It costs millions to compete in this league and will take some time when you start with a lower league 1 team we will make mistakes that's life but I for 1 would not swap our position with anyone we will come good but it will not happen tomorrow or even next week it will take a while.
In the short term I will continue to take my son to the Amex where we both love our afternoon/evenings supporting the team we love.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Ahhh the Palace and Pompey model of football administration. Loved by fans, loathed by the creditors in the community.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here