• Poyet

Votes: 45 24.7%
  • Vicente

Votes: 137 75.3%

• Total voters

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Thought it would have been a lot closer but looks like Vicente is the one you want at the Albion. I am still undecided.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Just think - we had one of the most gifted players in English league football IN OUR SQUAD, and Poyet hardly played him - no wonder he is suspended :smile:

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
How many games did Vicente win for us? Don't get me wrong, I think he's a great player but he didn't win games for us.

How many games did Gus's tactics help us win from conceding the first goal.

Vicente v portsmouth...... There's the first....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Without a shadow of doubt I would go for Vicente as player manager and to play when fit. He would bring flair similar playing experience as Gus , speaks Spanish so would continue the trend and playing style also could bring in foreign players who would be cheaper than an inferior version in this country. To me it is a win win situation but not so sure of signing him just as a player.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If and I do say IF there is any truth in Vicente saying he has been fit since xmas but Poyet not playing him. Then words fail me. That is almost a good enough excuse to sack Poyet right there.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
On this occassion Poyet. It probably got pissed off with him being a sicknote and the wind having to blow in the right direction for him to consider wearing the shirt.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
How many games did Vicente win for us? Don't get me wrong, I think he's a great player but he didn't win games for us.

He won several games for us. People don't give him credit but the amount of passes/crosses that have won us games is many more than people seem to think. Portsmouth and Leicester last season Hull, Leeds and many others when he's come on

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Just ridiculous. If Vicente had played more than half a season it might be close. Vicente has won how many points for us?

Right now I think the club is better off with neither of them.... however Im not sure this club is the same as the one we had before Barber arrived.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Right now I think the club is better off with neither of them.... however Im not sure this club is the same as the one we had before Barber arrived.

I don't honestly want the "same club as the one we had before Barber arrived". Looking at the accounts we were heading towards an unsustainable future with continual annual £8 million trading deficit.

We have been some of(if not the most) the luckiest supporters in the country in the last 3-4 years.

We have an astute, Brighton lifelong supporting Chairman who has paid for a fantastic stadium and future Academy. What I don't want.......is to be forever dependant on his generosity.....or at worst....his whim.

He has built a solid base......now we need to trade sensibly. To do that, we unfortunately need the likes of Paul Barber to rein unnecessary expenditure in and increase revenues further. I don't particularly like Paul Barber, but apart from his salary....I don't envy him his job either.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Vicente is the most gifted and wonderful player I've ever seen play for us. The skills on show were so good that regardless of the result, it was money well spent to watch him. Poyet is replaceable, I dont think we'd get to see another Vicente type player very easily.
So its OLE OLE OLE OLE For me!!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I find it farcical that everyone suddenly says Vicente was so unfairly treated when we only have his side of the story. Gus has had to stay quiet through all this and, as has been mentioned elsewhere, it was the club (not Poyet) who released Vicente in the end. He may have been hard done by but we can't be sure of that.

In reality, Vicente was amazing for us in certain games in the second half of his first season and had very good moments at other times (his most recent being the pass to set Orlandi free to cross for the winner against Leeds having done nothing else since coming on). However, our record when he was on the pitch was not that great and his injury record for much of that time was very poor. Without having all the facts, I find it hard to see how anyone could vote for him over Gus whose record for us is fantastic (as we don't have full details of what has happened this summer and probably never will).

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
I would take Vicente. People saying that you are not a true fan look how much Gus has done for the club. Yes he has done a good job, but he is constantly looking out for number one. If had a good job come up he would go. So I want the best for our club. Vicente if fit is class

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here