Poyet on BBC1 tonight??

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well you need to get over it precious - because he's a big boy, and I'm sure he can handle it.

But just out of interest, why don't you dislike the 'anti-Gus' agendea

OK, I won't.

I don't like the anti-barber agenda because I can't see any evidence that he has done anything that Tony doesn't approve of.

I have issues with Gus, the ones which can be mentioned with verifiable internet sources are in previous posts on this thread.

I actually do not agree with some of the criticism of Gus, but as above I do feel it's time for him to go. And I do actually celebrate his achievements previously.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't like the anti-barber agenda because I can't see any evidence that he has done anything that Tony doesn't approve of.

Ken Brown got things wrong that Tony obviously didn't approve. He was instantly dismissed, when it became apparent.
I am not saying that Barber has got things wrong but that the chairman may not have been aware of everything that has happened, especially when he spends time in Australia. He isn't omnipresent.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

I have issues with Gus, the ones which can be mentioned with verifiable internet sources are in previous posts on this thread.

I actually do not agree with some of the criticism of Gus, but as above I do feel it's time for him to go. And I do actually celebrate his achievements previously.

I don't see that Gus has done anything wrong, other than answer a few questions honestly.

If, and it is a big If, he has done something completely disrespectful to his employers, then of course that view can change. The issues that you take with him are about him 'whoring' himself to other jobs, which is frankly, horseshit.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
Plus the article in the Argus saying he might come back if Poyet goes. Planted by the club, I imagine - they know Vicente is worshipped by the vast majority of the fans.

Is he really worshipped, there were a lot on here abusing him for not being fit not that long ago, and plenty saying we shouldn't have taken him on for a second year. He's an amazing player when fit and i would love to see him play more but i don't hold it against him (like some) for being unfit, its the way things go but given a straight choice between a the two i'd go with Gus as he has given a lot more to the club.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

Gus is the guy who trains and picks the team thats his job
4th and one game away from automatic
he messes things up sometimes he is still learning
lets hope in hopes the next guy gets us up first time of asking otherwise we are Royaly ****ed
and lets also hope in hopes that the administration have some way of making money without some of the supporters because some WILL be lost along the way

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
Possibly....so how about..
Beeb: Would you be our pundit for the Uraguay matches?
Gus/Agent: Yes, for £10,000 plus I want to comment on my ongoing Brighton situation.
Beeb: No problem.
Gus/Agent: We will send you our script.

I would have thought they would have booked him ages ago for this, probably when they announced which fixtures they'd be showing on the Beeb so Gus probably had this in his calendar long before this situation arose.

Apr 12, 2011
I don't see that Gus has done anything wrong, other than answer a few questions honestly.

If, and it is a big If, he has done something completely disrespectful to his employers, then of course that view can change. The issues that you take with him are about him 'whoring' himself to other jobs, which is frankly, horseshit.

This is pretty much my view. If shown that he has actually done something substantially wrong then like you my view will change. But a few misjudged comments don't in my opinion warrant the barrage of hatred which some appear to be displaying towards him.

And for the record, I don't buy the argument that he lost interest a while ago based on his lack of movement during the second leg. If that was the case we would have noticed it at other games preciously. I certainly didn't.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
I would have thought they would have booked him ages ago for this, probably when they announced which fixtures they'd be showing on the Beeb so Gus probably had this in his calendar long before this situation arose.

Gus was booked for this in late feb/early March. He initially didn't want to do it because of preparations for the new championship season.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Gus is the guy who trains and picks the team thats his job
4th and one game away from automatic
he messes things up sometimes he is still learning
lets hope in hopes the next guy gets us up first time of asking otherwise we are Royaly ****ed
and lets also hope in hopes that the administration have some way of making money without some of the supporters because some WILL be lost along the way

Will supporters be lost, you KNOW that do you? And will others not join us? Cheer-up. The king is (almost) dead, long live the king.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports