Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet NOT to Reading thread

TheReadingFan

Mar 20, 2013
Not seen anyone say we are better than you. Just that in a couple of months we will both be in a similar place except here Gus has HIS team in HIS style and there he'd have to rebuild completely

Finally a logical comment from a decent fan, thank you. Pretty much sums up the reasons well why Gus would want to stay. Has built a superb foundation at Brighton, would be silly to throw it all away.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I dont care. I remember the wolves farce last year. If you want to go then bye. The king is dead long live the king.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Your chairman seems very reluctant to spend any money and our squad will be notably better than yours when we get back to the Championship, including money from parachute payments. In five years, you will probably be better than us in many senses.

Really? 2.5m on CMS, just bought Ulloa for 2m. Look at the facts before you make assumptions.

zoogull

zoogull
May 29, 2008
Herstmonceux
2 years ago we were playing at Withdean. Now we are in the playoff mix.
Our average attendance is higher than Reading who play in the Premiership.
Reading will be in the Championship next year, but all the parachute payments won't guarantee they will bounce back - look at Wolves, Bolton and Blackburn.
And to top it off you sack McDermott who is a decent manager and probably was your only chance of avoiding the drop.
What does that say about the state of your Club?

TheReadingFan

Mar 20, 2013
Really? 2.5m on CMS, just bought Ulloa for 2m. Look at the facts before you make assumptions.

Why did I read quotes the other day from Poyet saying he has one of the smallest budgets in the division then? I was shot down yesterday for saying some of your squad are earning about £30,000 a week.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Then back to relegation fodder 7 months later.

More worryingly for Reading is that when Madjeski finally hands over the club, they are doing so to someone who has no passion for the club, no history with the club, and whose money comes from where exactly.

It could very well end in tears.

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
Reading the next Wolves next year,,, enjoy league 1 u tinpot club... Glad we don't have greedy Russians owning us, reading will be deserted soon enough :ascarf:

TheReadingFan

Mar 20, 2013
More worryingly for Reading is that when Madjeski finally hands over the club, they are doing so to someone who has no passion for the club, no history with the club, and whose money comes from where exactly.

It could very well end in tears.

No passion for the club? Comes over from Russia to watch every game we play and you can see his emotion during the match. No history? Studied in the Reading area when he was younger and attended games at Elm Park. Knows where the money is coming from? His very wealthy father and successful businesses. In terms of the McDermott sacking, the man was out of his depth. Made too many fatal mistakes this season, it may seem harsh from the outside but most level-headed Reading fans will tell you it was the right decision.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sorry, I thought you were going instead, but you keep snatching at my bait, I'm enjoying it.

Ah the old fishing card. U throw ur toys everywhere cos u missed out on one of the top managers around as we all told u u would and now play the fishing card...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
2 years ago we were playing at Withdean. Now we are in the playoff mix.
Our average attendance is higher than Reading who play in the Premiership.
Reading will be in the Championship next year, but all the parachute payments won't guarantee they will bounce back - look at Wolves, Bolton and Blackburn.
And to top it off you sack McDermott who is a decent manager and probably was your only chance of avoiding the drop.
What does that say about the state of your Club?
Our average attendance this season is about 1500 more than their highest ever crowd at the Majplastic.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Finally a logical comment from a decent fan, thank you. Pretty much sums up the reasons well why Gus would want to stay. Has built a superb foundation at Brighton, would be silly to throw it all away.

You're the one who turned the thread sour by having a pop cos u beat us twice last yr lol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here