Poyet in the Sun

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
One of my colleagues has just bought in the Sun, and it has an interview with our Gus.

He doesn't talk about Brighton, but does talk about his son and what is wrong with the young footballers of today.

He recons very few watch football like he used to when he played, but instead only know players because they have bought them on championship manager. He also said that the next couple of years are the most importnat for his son, as he will start to discover girls and alcohol!

Also, he is happy for his son to play for England - he has lived here since he was 2 years old.

One of my colleagues has just bought in the Sun, and it has an interview with our Gus.

He doesn't talk about Brighton, but does talk about his son and what is wrong with the young footballers of today.

He recons very few watch football like he used to when he played, but instead only know players because they have bought them on championship manager. He also said that the next couple of years are the most importnat for his son, as he will start to discover girls and alcohol!

Also, he is happy for his son to play for England - he has lived here since he was 2 years old.

You sure your mate bought it.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
He recons very few watch football like he used to when he played, but instead only know players because they have bought them on championship manager.

Bit like many of our supporters then.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Because 10 years ago both were combined s one game called Championship Manager. Sega think it was kept the name after the split and made a diabolical game, Football manager with most of the same staff I believe, kept the database and match engine etc.? The later have kept the standard improving most seasons while the other seems to just sell on the original name.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Because 10 years ago both were combined s one game called Championship Manager. Sega think it was kept the name after the split and made a diabolical game, Football manager with most of the same staff I believe, kept the database and match engine etc.? The later have kept the standard improving most seasons while the other seems to just sell on the original name.

yeh i used to play the CM series then switched to FM after the split, but it seems that a lot of people still assume that CM is the superior game, i assume these are the same people that dont play it?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Jeez you're all missing the point. Championship Manager, Soccer Manager, Football Manager, whatever - the point is it's just a GAME; it's just an electronic attempt to copy real life.

And no matter how good a game it is it's still just about 1% of reality. Or to put it another way you might be good at Football Manager on a computer but I guarantee that you'd be a complete and utter failure if you were actually given a 'real life' club to manage.

He doesn't talk about Brighton

Isn't this bit about Brighton?

"If I had asked my players today how many of them had watched Real Madrid v Milan on Tuesday, I would say no more than three would put their hands up.

"Real v Milan! What a game! But they would not have seen it.

"If I had said did you watch Arsenal v Shakhtar Donetsk? They would say 'no'. They're unlike the Nevilles, Giggs and Scholes. They don't watch football. This is not a criticism of my team in any way. This is how young footballers are.

"If the youngest players at the club, those aged 18, 19 or 20, know a player, it is because of PlayStation.

"Or, they will say 'he is a good player because I bought him in Championship Manager and he had a good rating!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports