Poyet does'nt really get it

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Stick your head in the sand if it makes you feel better
Head in the sand? Managing the team is not something I'm supposed to be proactive in, my job is to support the team, that's it.

What do you want to do, slag off the manager, and next home game boo the team, see if you can get rid of the lot of them? While I've got my head in the sand, you're going to sort it all out are you?

As fans we have two choices:
1) Believe our manager is the best choice we have, and support him to the end
2) Believe we'd be better off with a new manager, so put pressure on the existing one in the hope we get rid of him

I'm going for option 1, although I get the feeling you think there's an option 3, where you sort it all out and we all cheer you as our new hero.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I can understand the negativity for the Palarse game, to lose to them is humiliation personified. To moan about the team/club in general must look terribly funny to onlookers of this forum, but even more embarrassing that we have to endure it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The Ipswich goals look higher level Premier strikes. As did Vicente goal on the highlights.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
What I find probably the most amusing point (if there is one) about this post is someone on the internet telling us how a pro manager is getting it wrong. Soooo what camp do I sit in? An internet poster or a professional that knows the game inside out? Hmmmm tough decision!

Camp on whichever side you feel fella but a 1-3 defeat followed by a 3-1 defeat makes people question especially when changes were suggested and ignored.
PHP:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Camp on whichever side you feel fella but a 1-3 defeat followed by a 3-1 defeat makes people question especially when changes were suggested and ignored.
PHP:

Absolutely! I mean we are fifth, let's start hitting the panic buttons huh? Have you forgotten where we came from to be where we are now? Heaven forbid we were tenth or below at this stage of the season, or lost more than two in a row. Shall we sack the manager? Backroom staff? Wholesale player changes? Let's face it, if we don't we may end up mid table by the end of the season. I would suggest to you my friend to get some realism and reality into your footballing thoughts. 99 out of 100 Brighton supporters would have been happy with a survival year I am sure, yet you are suggesting we are in a situation of crisis after a handful of games. I cannot subscribe to your point of view. Come back in April with another Einstein post and let's see how we wear then.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Probably said more than was appropriate tonight. I hope gp comes good.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
If we'd beaten Palace, none of these threads would have appeared. f*** sake we're 5th in the league, it's hardly disastrous is it.

D

Deleted User X18H

His inability to adapt to the game apparently

As bloody if Gus's back room staff are going to tell you that. What happened next did Megan Fox tell you she wanted to suck you dry? Or did the Queen tap you on the shoulder and say ' ere you've just shat in my handbag'

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
We have a large, well remunerated squad. Not everyone plays as much as they want or thinks they should. We suffer a few defeats. IF players are expressing unhappiness they need to start living in the real world. They are fortunate to be at one of the few clubs with a decent chairman that are investing and building for the future. They are playing for one of the best young managers in the country who will make them better players, make them more valuable in the market place, let them earn more money, and the style of play they are learning - play for more longer. They are playing in front of full houses, and often in front of a world-wide audience. IF they express unhappiness with all that - they can feck right off and we will get players who appreciate it.

And IF there are backroom staff who are spreading that type of crap - they should be named and shamed and can feck off too.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If we'd beaten Palace, none of these threads would have appeared. f*** sake we're 5th in the league, it's hardly disastrous is it.

Agreed. Remember how good we looked 2nd half against Liverpool and immense in the 2nd half v Leeds. We're being let down by some sloppy defending - a problem which can be rectified far more easily than having no talent in attack. There are some real drama queens on here, talking as if they're suicidal because we lost to two long-established Championship teams in a row. How can anyone suggest Gus doesn't know what he's doing? If we can see the obvious flaws, I'm sure they won't have escaped his and Tano's notice! It's just getting the players to carry through the instructions properly. I'm sure if they don't, they won't be Albion players next season. Main thing is, we have the core of a good Championship team which can be built upon in the next 2 transfer windows.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I have confidence in Gus' ability to turn things round but what options does he have? Too many players appear to have been found wanting lately - and they can't all be replaced. I think our failure to sign a skilful target man will come back to haunt us.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Boo to tiptop. GP interview explained it some of our players will not be able to play in a promotion to premiership team. Simple and we all thought it until we started off so well. It's the reality check. I could name four players I want to be replaced to think we have a strong set of players. Team wise GP is god. In GP we trust.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Given the reaction to an overall very positive start to the season, God help us if we do ever get in the Premier League.

Rather like now, we won't just be able to buy all the players we know we need. And we'll lose a lot. And sometimes we'll get absolutely battered. NSC's lynch mob won't know who to string up first.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
If they are not man enough (or woman) to speak to Gus face to face then they aren't worth worrying about!

Have faith, Gus will get it right, some of the squad are simply being found out!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Given the reaction to an overall very positive start to the season, God help us if we do ever get in the Premier League.

Rather like now, we won't just be able to buy all the players we know we need. And we'll lose a lot. And sometimes we'll get absolutely battered. NSC's lynch mob won't know who to string up first.
Indeed, if Gus does ever win us promotion to the PL he might as well resign on the spot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports