Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Thought this was going to be about Dana White hitting his wife , coked up bully

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
FYI, Chris Nowinski is a former pro wrestler whose career was cut short due to a concussion. He joined WWE after taking part in a reality TV show to earn a contract (he didn't win, but impressed them enough to get a contract anyway). Following his early retirement he went on to be one of the leading figures in research into concussions in sport, helping lead the charge to changes in the way concussions are handled in the NFL. His part in that particular story was notably cut from that Will Smith Concussion film from a few years ago on the subject (I think it was called 'the bus that couldn't slow down').

All that is to say, the dude knows what he is talking about. It's not some softy on twitter being delicate about a bit of alpha males alpha male-ing.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
FYI, Chris Nowinski is a former pro wrestler whose career was cut short due to a concussion. He joined WWE after taking part in a reality TV show to earn a contract (he didn't win, but impressed them enough to get a contract anyway). Following his early retirement he went on to be one of the leading figures in research into concussions in sport, helping lead the charge to changes in the way concussions are handled in the NFL. His part in that particular story was notably cut from that Will Smith Concussion film from a few years ago on the subject (I think it was called 'the bus that couldn't slow down').

All that is to say, the dude knows what he is talking about. It's not some softy on twitter being delicate about a bit of alpha males alpha male-ing.
Yeah I remember Chris Nowinski, I think he has a phD in neuroscience from Harvard(!) since retiring from wrestling.

I remember him tagging with Regal when he debuted, then he just fell away really - probably the injuries and concussions.

He looked like an average well built jock, amazing what he’s done to bring awareness to post concussion syndrome. No wonder he’s so livid about this.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

If you look at his twitter feed, there are some horrendous 'sporting' incidents.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
So there's this, love island, naked attraction.. what is wrong with people
Humanity appears to be becoming dumber and more depraved, and de-evolving

I hate myself for it, but I sometimes think that the extinction of the human race due to climate change might not be such a bad thing after all.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Humanity appears to be becoming dumber and more depraved, and de-evolving

I hate myself for it, but I sometimes think that the extinction of the human race due to climate change might not be such a bad thing after all.
I'm pretty sure I don't want kids so I've given up being so militant on recycling. It's quite refreshing now knowing we'll all go out in a flaming mess together..

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Anyone dumb enough to want to do that, should be allowed to.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This sport has been around for years.

Nothing new at all in it.

Funny how people are reacting to it now 😂
Good point, it has been around for ages. I remember seeing clips of it over the years.

I suppose it’s like any full contact sport, it’s accepted for ages before it’s analysed. Boxing, rugby, American football etc. The potential physical harm is almost ignored for years until it starts to draw attention.

This one appears particularly brutal. Reminds me a bit of that old pub “sport” of shin kicking. Now that’s something that brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it. Two aled up blokes taking it in turns to hoof each other in the shins! With nothing but a bit of straw tucked into their socks for protection 🤣

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here