Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
I was very disappointed when Hughton was sacked, as I’m in the don’t care how you win/succeed just as long as you do. Bottom 3 budget, 4th from bottom is overachieving.

I think there have been some really poor displays this season as well that matched some of Hughton’s towards the end.

However,

for me other than not scoring the Leicester game was nearly perfect, dominated possession against a top 4, excellent defensive structure, comfortable in possession. That first half was brilliant.

Tactically, excellent. GP quickly realises any formation/selection errors and adjusts. His use of substitutions is excellent.

I’m pleased he’s brought the younger players through, which is another strength.

Yesterday was a bit meh for me, but as I said don’t care how we win, just as long as we do.

I think GP has used the break well and adjusted us defensively and we look more balanced. Webster is finally beginning to look like a top league player.

I honestly think we could be a top 12/top 10 team, with a few signings - the future feels rosier than at any other point since promotion to the PL.

I’m quite excited for the remaining games to see if any other formation adjustments are trialled. Would like to see Cochrane and Jenks given a game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The problem imo is still naivety, which has cost them points throughout the season. They did play well against Leicester, but you could see how the back line pushed so far forward that Leciester were going to catch them on the break - and they did exactly that.

Similar thing against Liverpool, played really well yet after just 8 minutes already 2 nil down due to naivety. The way they responded though was, for me, one of the highlights of the season (despite losing), as it showed how far the team has come in creating numerous chances against one of the best teams in the world. The way Potter has transformed the syle of play in just one season is very impressive, They just need to cut out the naivety at the back (that includes Ryan, the defence and the midfield).

I think with about 3 more signings the team should be aiming for midtable next season (assuming of course they stay up this season, not 100% just yet!).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The problem imo is still naivety, which has cost them points throughout the season. They did play well against Leicester, but you could see how the back line pushed so far forward that Leciester were going to catch them on the break - and they did exactly that.

Similar thing against Liverpool, played really well yet after just 8 minutes already 2 nil down due to naivety. The way they responded though was, for me, one of the highlights of the season (despite losing), as it showed how far the team has come in creating numerous chances against one of the best teams in the world. The way Potter has transformed the syle of play in just one season is very impressive, They just need to cut out the naivety at the back (that includes Ryan, the defence and the midfield).

I think with about 3 more signings the team should be aiming for midtable next season (assuming of course they stay up this season, not 100% just yet!).

I don’t recall Leicester catching us at all. I felt we got the balance spot on.

Re Liverpool not sure if it’s naivety or more of an absolute belief in style. Both the Utd game where we made equally poor errors albeit tracking and decisions, and Liverpool sloppiness by Propper and Webster, were individual more than naivety IMO.

It is a good point regarding the higher back line, and it feels that Potter prefers more of an athletic CB, rather than a ‘stopper’. Hence Webster over Duffy.

But then wouldn’t he pick Bernardo over Burn?

Who knows [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here