Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter- what’s he up to?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Never ever thought he'd be interested in moving that far north, he has a settled family on the south coast, and 'gers aren't all that, I assume the dog's abuse that he was getting down here whilst he was at Chelsea has now stopped, and he's happy in Hove sitting on a pile of lolly.
That far north? he managed in Sweden for a few years, that's a lot further north than Glasgow!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Chelsea paying him til he gets another job? No incentive for him to hurry

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Chelsea paying him til he gets another job? No incentive for him to hurry
I have recently heard that it's very rare for managers contracts to be paid up for the duration of the contract.
There will usually be a break clause defining the conditions of payment after any termination.

I suspect we may have a better inkling into Potter's particular terms, when he stops rejecting every offer made to him.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I have recently heard that it's very rare for managers contracts to be paid up for the duration of the contract.
There will usually be a break clause defining the conditions of payment after any termination.

I suspect we may have a better inkling into Potter's particular terms, when he stops rejecting every offer made to him.
Yep, I think a sacking is probably quite rarely a sacking but more of a mutually agreed voluntary severance. "Mr Potter, if you want we can put you on a performance and results plan that if you don't hit in 4 weeks we'll sack you without pay and it'll be made known it's because you've failed to meet expectations...or you can go now, we'll say nice things, everyone will sign a non-disclosure, and you can take a year's salary..."

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I think he's doing the right thing here. Enjoy your payoff/gardening salary and wait for a decent job to come up rather than rushing into another car crash like Wolves or Man United. Probably waiting for Newcastle, England/Sweden etc.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So now people saying he didn’t get X million pay off unless he stays out of a job for 4-5 years… mmmmm… Surely the press would’ve said that at the time of publicising the pay off he got everywhere…

What to believe.. as usual with football and message boards!

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
So now people saying he didn’t get X million pay off unless he stays out of a job for 4-5 years… mmmmm… Surely the press would’ve said that at the time of publicising the pay off he got everywhere…

What to believe.. as usual with football and message boards!
There was definitely something at the time that said he was not going to get the full 6 years payoff (or whatever his contract length was). I think he maybe got a year’s salary

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here