Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter- what’s he up to?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Mullery managed Palace, so Potter wouldn't be the first to do both.

He can go where he wants.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Mullery managed Palace, so Potter wouldn't be the first to do both.

He can go where he wants.
And he was our club ambassador until he buggered off to Spurs 😂

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Point still stands on the balance of probability then
Both runs (4 wins , 1 draw and a loss in 6 games) were against 2 teams that finished top 5, 2 that stayed up and 2 relegated) so who is to say rdz with a full pre season wouldn't have seen that similar run?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Both runs (4 wins , 1 draw and a loss in 6 games) were against 2 teams that finished top 5, 2 that stayed up and 2 relegated) so who is to say rdz with a full pre season wouldn't have seen that similar run?
Because he hasn’t this season ? Like I say balance of probability

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
And the irony is that neither Potter nor RdZ have won 3 consecutive PL games for us. Ironically, CH did with three 1-0 victories playing backs to the wall football.
A very good point. After that run he was put under pressure to play more open football and we nearly paid dearly.

One thing we can all agree on is that since reaching the epl we have never been in the relegation zone

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If it wasn’t for Potters start last season we’d never have made Europe. Was an incredible run.

And all his back room was hired by him except Ben Robert’s so hardly ‘stole them from us’
You’ve missed my point 1) who said anything about stealing them from us?, and 2) it was the speed of the appointments that’s made me think that the plot had been going on a lot longer than Potter implied.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
As I understand, and apologies if fixtures, but his severance package is still active with Chelsea through a monthly payment, this Immediately ceases when he gets another job, hence why it’s got to be a decent job(in his mind) , and for that reason I can’t see him going to Selhurst, he’s already reportedly turned down both Southampton and Leicester City for the same reason, although IMHO turning both jobs down was a huge mistake.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
You’ve missed my point 1) who said anything about stealing them from us?, and 2) it was the speed of the appointments that’s made me think that the plot had been going on a lot longer than Potter implied.
One of his right hand men looked round a chelsea club property the week before it blew up. I believe they turned it down

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
As I understand, and apologies if fixtures, but his severance package is still active with Chelsea through a monthly payment, this Immediately ceases when he gets another job, hence why it’s got to be a decent job(in his mind) , and for that reason I can’t see him going to Selhurst, he’s already reportedly turned down both Southampton and Leicester City for the same reason, although IMHO turning both jobs down was a huge mistake.
I think he got a lump sum pay up plus a monthly payment until he gets a new job.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Never got the anti-Potter sentiment. Some on here have short memories. Potter completely transformed the way we played after Hughton very nearly got us relegated playing dire, ultra defensive football, which was awful to watch and didn't work. By the time Potter left (for a bigger club ), we were 4th, scoring for fun, and playing outstanding football. He was he that built that up - something which De Zerbi has benefitted from and taken even further. I really hope he doesn't go to Palace. He's exactly what they need and if it happens, he'll do very well there.
Oh, agree with all that, but I kind of want him to go to Palace, just for the panto of it -- that Chelsea game was on a different level.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And the irony is that neither Potter nor RdZ have won 3 consecutive PL games for us. Ironically, CH did with three 1-0 victories playing backs to the wall football.
Although RDZ has won 4 consecutive Europa League games! :whistle:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm of the view that the speed of his departure has got diddly squat to do with his performance as a manager here.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
RDZ has done it this season all by 3-1. Home to Newcastle, away to Man Utd, home to Bournemouth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here