Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter to England

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Just because there's not enough thread about the guy, here's another one :lolol:

Prior to 48 hours ago, all the talk about Potter's next job was about him being nabbed by England.

Given that he's now Chelsea manager, would he still be offered and/or take the England job after the WC? To me, the circumstances haven't changed – he'll still have the same qualities and I don't see why just because he's started a new 'project' he shouldn't still be the/a front-runner.

Be funny if he left Chelsea in the lurch come January, but it probably wouldn't help his reputation, which – looking at many posts on here – seems to be dropping like a stone!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If Southgate gets sacked, which most likely won't happen, they might ask GP and as any manager on an upwards trajectory in his career he's going to say "nopes, I'll do that semi-retirement shit in 20 years instead".

SAC

May 21, 2014
Unless he has something in his contract, letting him leave if offered the England job, I can't see the FA paying the compensation. Although Eddie Howe may be just as expensive and I can't think of anyone else (English) who would be acceptable.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He won't leave Chelsea to manage England. We might be English but that is a backwards step. Managing a top 4 English team is the pinnacle of management.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Unless he has something in his contract, letting him leave if offered the England job, I can't see the FA paying the compensation. Although Eddie Howe may be just as expensive and I can't think of anyone else (English) who would be acceptable.

Scott Parker is probably a name that will be brought up.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
His style just won't work at international level, it takes months of constant training and drilling for players to know what is required of them. It simply won't work at international level when he gets a couple of weeks every other month.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If Southgate gets sacked, which most likely won't happen, they might ask GP and as any manager on an upwards trajectory in his career he's going to say "nopes, I'll do that semi-retirement shit in 20 years instead".

To be fair, you were convinced he was going to stay with the Albion, so...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
To be fair, you were convinced he was going to stay with the Albion, so...

Yup, was in denial.

Pretty sure I could find something you were wrong about at some point or another, doesn't mean you're necessarily wrong about everything.

But sure feel free to bump this when the FA pay Chelsea £60m to get Potter in January. I'm not going to be holding my breath.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here