Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

1901Phil

Feb 1, 2012
Tunbridge Wells
GP was part of BHAFC evolution. He took us forward from CH and when he left we received more money than we had paid him whilst with us.
We now have a better manager and one who will give a chance to the bevy of young players we have recruited.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
From that BBC article...

'The decision to relieve him from his post was led by Paul Winstanley and Lawrence Stewart the co-sporting directors, with backing from chairman Todd Boehly and co-owner Behdad Eghbali.'

Stabbed in the back by Winstanley then? 😲
Im not so sure, its more likely just framed that way so Boehly doesnt have to eat humble pie and say "I f***ed up".

Well, after the way he left, I'm not upset at all!

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Let’s be honest Graham would have been sacked by any other owner than Tony during his very poor spells with us. He hit the jackpot because Tony had more vision and then shafted us royally in return.

The fact that Winstanley has now stabbed him in the back is delicious. Winstanley must be looking at all those signings that aren’t doing well and fretting himself that if Potter doesn’t take the can for it the spotlight may well turn to him. Maybe it will soon anyway. That club appears to be cancer.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Wow, Bruno is in temporary charge until replacement according to Athletic

bruno.jpg

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Do you not think Boehley will have the lawyers on the case now to get the severance pay down to as little as possible?

He’s a hard nosed businessman, if he can prove that Potter was not fit for purpose, in a situation way beyond his capabilities?

People like Boehley don’t pay out £60 million for a failure if they can get away with it, variation on a theme, it’s not the history lesson this time it’s all in the small print this time.
.. and in the real world, it will be defined in his contract.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You maybe misunderstood what I said.

I don't begrudge him that opportunity either. But if you look at my whole post and not just the bit you quoted. I also say that everyone has the right to their own opinions on it. Good or bad.

My thoughts on the whole situation are that of ambivalence.
Obviously I looked at your whole post, and the one you quoted. Cheshire Cat doesn't understand the vitriol and (while you say we have the right to express our opinions) you say you do sort of agree with him. I'm not sure how you agree with him in any way.

The way he left, took our guys, and then went on the media and said 'I've got nothing to apologise for' as if we'd asked for an apology, when we hadn't - was crap, and we feel like taking the piss. I know you're not suggesting we can't, but in what way do you agree with C Cat?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Far too big a job for him as it's proved. 4 league wins in the last 19 games was never going to be good enough.

Too many players, too many formations, no continuity, no stability.

Surprised he made it into April - he should've gone months ago.

Deserved and inevitable.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He'll be the next Palace manager.
Why ?

His win ratio isn't so great.

Brighton's last 3 Managers have all had varying success.

Potter's only real success in England has been Brighton. Some Clubs might just think. Maybe it was Brighton who have a successful formula as opposed to Potter.

That said. His style of football is pleasing on the eye. Even if his win ratio isn't so great.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If the rumours are true, then it is costing £60m to buy Potter out of his contract...
Very unlikely. Pretty standard in manager's long contracts to have a clause covering this. So he'll probably get a year's money or something - and even then might be dependent on whether he takes another job.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I have to confess that I'm surprised by this decision. I honestly thought that their new owner, based on his record with his sports teams in America, was genuinely different to what had gone before at that club.

Proven wrong, and fair enough. I wish Potter well, but hope that horrible excuse for a football club continue to pay for what they did to us ( even though it's all turned out rather nicely our end :lol: ).

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Obviously I looked at your whole post, and the one you quoted. Cheshire Cat doesn't understand the vitriol and (while you say we have the right to express our opinions) you say you do sort of agree with him. I'm not sure how you agree with him in any way.

The way he left, took our guys, and then went on the media and said 'I've got nothing to apologise for' as if we'd asked for an apology, when we hadn't - was crap, and we feel like taking the piss. I know you're not suggesting we can't, but in what way do you agree with C Cat?
would give you a double thumbs up if it were possible!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here