[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
No. Don’t think the rules have anything to do with if the encroaching player touches it. The rule is if an attacking player encroaches and the team scores, the kick should be retaken (another rule barely followed). The point here is, if that had gone in could you really see VAR ordering a retake?

The rules are very hard to understand the way they’re written for me, but the table at the bottom shows the encroachment - it has nothing to do with if the encroaching player clears the ball - encroachment is encroachment:

No, not explicitly but that is a guaranteed way it will get called.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
To prove my point on the encroachment rule being barely followed, I went to Saturdays game no less. Ok it’s not the exact split second he kicks it here but Soucek is clearly 3 feet encroaching in the semi circle so clearly was encroaching. If Ali Mac had missed does anybody think VAR would have ordered a retake? No chance. (Click image to enlarge)

No, it probably wouldn't have been called. Unless Soucek ended up getting the rebound.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The only plus point is that they'll have 2 more matches to play in Europe, which won't help them in the Prem.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No, it probably wouldn't have been called. Unless Soucek ended up getting the rebound.
Yes you’re right - but they aren’t technically the rules and it’s another inconsistency innit’

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
There is no way that GP has lost the dressing room, annoying as that is to me
Less than half the squad played tonight. It’s the others that he’s got to win over.

I wonder how comfortable he is whilst attending his acting lessons on how to win over the fans

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why? He left this club for dead.
Exactly - can’t wish him any sort of success with Chelsea whatsoever and luckily he’s making an absolute pigs ear of it - tonight isn’t turning a corner or anything for me - nor was a narrow win Saturday against a relegation battle team. Chelsea need to be winning 7/8 out of 10 games - and should be - with the pathetic transfers they’ve made. Anything else is failure - and gutless Graham and his team he poached are failing massively still. Not even saying that as a bitter BHA fan either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports