Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter: nasty post match interview

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Do we know what’s up with Veltman and Welbeck, by the way? Anything to worry about?

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017

Can't see a problem with it.

I'm really enjoying the win today. Not concerned about Potter and his team. I have no animosity, and things are much more enjoyable when you don't use hate as a nutrient. Enjoyed the pantomime stuff and the 'getting sacked in the morning'. But folk can keep the toxicity. Life is so much better for less of it. It sours the enjoyment.

He sounds very upset! But 'that's how it is' :bigwave: He does seem to have gained 3 stripes on his forehead since he left, but maybe I haven't noticed them before &/or it's a bad camera angle? It was weird listening him pre-match but being very childish I've enjoyed this p****d off post match interview. :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He sounds very upset! But 'that's how it is' :bigwave: He does seem to have gained 3 stripes on his forehead since he left, but maybe I haven't noticed them before &/or it's a bad camera angle? It was weird listening him pre-match but being very childish I've enjoyed this p****d off post match interview. :lolol:
Nothing Harley Street can’t smooth over.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Interested me that now he’s with Chelsea he faced a straight question about getting his starting tactics wrong in two successive league games. That would have got a very chippy response if anyone down here had dared to suggest it but up there he has to admit to it, rather than deflect. Trouble is, being honest won’t play well either at a club like Chelsea. They’ve been doing ok but the fact Kepa has been their best player under him speaks volumes. I think he could be lucky the World Cup buys some breathing space because, off the back of a defeat like today, it would only take a couple more poor results and he’d come under very harsh scrutiny.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Interested me that now he’s with Chelsea he faced a straight question about getting his starting tactics wrong in two successive league games. That would have got a very chippy response if anyone down here had dared to suggest it but up there he has to admit to it, rather than deflect. Trouble is, being honest won’t play well either at a club like Chelsea. They’ve been doing ok but the fact Kepa has been their best player under him speaks volumes. I think he could be lucky the World Cup buys some breathing space because, off the back of a defeat like today, it would only take a couple more poor results and he’d come under very harsh scrutiny.
From the off and I always thought this would happen there, he’s on a charm offensive with the media and fans. The last thing he needs, with a likely trigger happy owner, is to get the press on his back or to patronise their fans. Learning lessons from his whiny tantrum when with us.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I found that quite a difficult watch.

He looks genuinely upset, flustered and flummoxed. The only problem I’ve ever had with him is his walk out/£60m contract signing. I’m not any happier (after the result) seeing him wincing, I found it quite a sad experience watching him bereft.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Couldnt care less what Potter thinks to be honest. Him and Cucurella were always going to be the panto villain for the day. Absolutely inevitable that they would get some abuse. Listened to the 606 phone in on the way home and they kept suggestion any hostility was unnecessary & surprising, which i think is just very naive. Whether it be genuine hostility or just giving them some playful stick it was always going to happen. We're hardly going to give all the Chelsea players and staff a big round of applause, and lay on the red carpet treatment.

All that mattered today was getting a result and its pretty obvious what would achieve that if the choice is either to make it a difficult game for them with a tough and hostile atmosphere or give them a lovely round of applause and tell Potter & co how brilliant they are.

Mmmmm, interesting convo on talk sport yesterday morning where the game was talked about. All about Chelsea of course but they did say its how Potter does against the big boys that matters. Yes, they've beaten Palace wolves villa, drawn against Brentford and United in premier league and had good champions league wins. Now we've hammered them perhaps we are 1 of the big boys!🙂🙂🙂

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
And they're both correct. We need to work out how to produce an atmosphere like that every game.
yeah right ....!! like the boys need to work out how to turn in a shift like that every game ....its a symbiotic thing....i f***ing love this club , team , county ...always blue and white in my heart...xxxx

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I found that quite a difficult watch.

He looks genuinely upset, flustered and flummoxed. The only problem I’ve ever had with him is his walk out/£60m contract signing. I’m not any happier (after the result) seeing him wincing, I found it quite a sad experience watching him bereft.
Nah, he made his bed he can lie in it, the twat.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
🤣 enjoyed watching Cucurella doing the walk of shame in front of the NS as well. I guess he's really interested in aeroplanes because his gaze was fixed on the sky as a really interesting plane must have just taken off from Gatwick.
He genuinely couldn’t even look at us, what a prick

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Love the headline

&

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He’s got Arsenal, Man City in the cup and Newcastle before the WC - could easily lose all of them.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
Yep. We’ve had these watershed moments with atmosphere before. It’s never kicked on game by game. Would be magnificent if we could recreate today against Villa and send the boys off to the World Cup with another big win and big atmosphere
Maybe if they nick de zerbi
And sign trossard for 5mill
In the next 2 weeks

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That very much underplays De Zerbi’s role today I think. He had to make do without 2 of our best players in Veltman and Welbeck, yet used that as the first real opportunity to reshape the team. He took bold decisions and tactically outwitted the guy who should have been better placed to beat us than any other opposing manager. He used the subs perfectly, putting huge faith in Enciso at a key time to ease the pressure. Sure, Potter left us in good shape. Today, we may have seen that there are other bosses who can evolve the team even further.
I wasn’t looking to underplay RDZ’s impact and said as much on another thread, but you also have to acknowledge he takes over a very well drilled and coached group of players who can intelligently carry out various tactical approaches - no matter how angry we are at the nature of the departures, we were left in excellent shape for someone to take over. That was clear yesterday, with no egos for Brighton, tactical roles are adhered to no matter what is asked, however Chelsea’s superstars unable to set their ego aside as certain players simply not prepared to carry out their role. Potter could ask Trossard, March to play wingback, Roberto can ask Gross to play right back, but Graham is finding out he can’t ask the likes of Sterling to play a role they don’t want to.

And completely agree with you, we appear to have very thorough succession planning in place that means a natural fit like RDZ and his staff isn’t by luck or accident.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here