[Albion] Potter: nasty post match interview

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ben Roberts got a particularly torrid time of it, when he had the thankless task of getting the replacement keeper warmed up in front of the North Stand at HT. Did he not like that :lol:
I thought he handled it well, playing up to it at one point, feigning a corner kick when they were the 'ooooooooooh you're s***' when he was taking them.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
To be honest, when it comes to performance on the pitch and atmosphere, one generally doesn't work without the other. They sort of go hand in hand. Has always been the case
Indeed and how often do people choose to ignore that and spend time posturing as the uber fan and suggesting people ought to be moved from their preferred seating area

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Actually the extended/different interview on match of the day, when asked about the booos…
saying he left us in a healthy position (yeah ok) and wealthier, errr hang on a second, you didn’t fund this club, you personally did not find the talent we have here, bit of a big head comment.

Potter is history here, sullied somewhat, but who cares…

4-1 suck on that…

i am guessing pretty soon, he will get his teeth done, they looked like Stonehenge on tv tonight, they don’t quite go with his new haircut, trimmed beard and turtleneck jumper.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
history now, thanks and onwards. a cathartic victory, we'll move on. we were more forgiving of the odd decisions than they'll be, he'll be gone by end of season.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Can't see owt wrong with what he said. He acknowledged the best team won, got in a slightly cheeky (but entirely justifiable) comment about how he knew we were a good team (he'd done a lot towards making it a good team!)

Maybe i read him wrong but , i thought as several have alluded to that he was in effect taking credit for his own demise today .

Actually the extended/different interview on match of the day, when asked about the booos…
saying he left us in a healthy position (yeah ok) and wealthier, errr hang on a second, you didn’t fund this club, you personally did not find the talent we have here, bit of a big head comment.
I did also notice that following his comments 'they're a good team', and 'they have good players', he added 'I signed many of them' - which I thought was a bit unnecessary.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Potter can f*** off. RDZ taught him a lesson today.
And if RDZ goes on to have sustained success he’ll be off to.

The only way we can hope to keep things as we like them is to be mediocre.

In a way Potter was beaten by Potter today. The legacy left by him and our departed coaches is one of a well coached, tactically astute, confident bunch of players that a new manager has been able to take the helm and keep a steady course.

Thank you Graham for leaving our club in the position of being able to dismantle a recent Champions league winner. When you joined we’d not long been dismantled ourselves by a soon to be relegated Cardiff City.

No departure is easy, but now that result is done, we can move on with a great new staff in place and some fantastic exciting football to look forward to.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I did also notice that following his comments 'they're a good team', and 'they have good players', he added 'I signed many of them' - which I though was a bit unnecessary.
He's a prick

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Potter is history here, sullied somewhat, but who cares…

4-1 suck on that…

i am guessing pretty soon, he will get his teeth done, they looked like Stonehenge on tv tonight, they don’t quite go with his new haircut, trimmed beard and turtleneck jumper.
Brendan Rodgers and McLaren both spent money on their physical appearance as their careers took a turn for the better, I think they engaged PR agencies too.

I’d guess that the Brummie will too, now he’s big time.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
And if RDZ goes on to have sustained success he’ll be off to.

The only way we can hope to keep things as we like them is to be mediocre.

In a way Potter was beaten by Potter today. The legacy left by him and our departed coaches is one of a well coached, tactically astute, confident bunch of players that a new manager has been able to take the helm and keep a steady course.

Thank you Graham for leaving our club in the position of being able to dismantle a recent Champions league winner. When you joined we’d not long been dismantled ourselves by a soon to be relegated Cardiff City.

No departure is easy, but now that result is done, we can move on with a great new staff in place and some fantastic exciting football to look forward to.

That very much underplays De Zerbi’s role today I think. He had to make do without 2 of our best players in Veltman and Welbeck, yet used that as the first real opportunity to reshape the team. He took bold decisions and tactically outwitted the guy who should have been better placed to beat us than any other opposing manager. He used the subs perfectly, putting huge faith in Enciso at a key time to ease the pressure. Sure, Potter left us in good shape. Today, we may have seen that there are other bosses who can evolve the team even further.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
That very much underplays De Zerbi’s role today I think. He had to make do without 2 of our best players in Veltman and Welbeck, yet used that as the first real opportunity to reshape the team. He took bold decisions and tactically outwitted the guy who should have been better placed to beat us than any other opposing manager. He used the subs perfectly, putting huge faith in Enciso at a key time to ease the pressure. Sure, Potter left us in good shape. Today, we may have seen that there are other bosses who can evolve the team even further.
His subs today were astonishingly bold. It was great to see.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Potter has moved on to a different haircut

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports