Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Potholes

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Why the hell are they changing the traffic lights at the Old Shoreham Road junction and Mile Oak Road junction , which don’t need changing when we have all these potholes that need repairing urgently

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Councils are really struggling to pay for social care and day centres, Sen help for kids, closing day centres, struggling to get enough social workers, to get children adequately protected.

We've just had ten years log austerity. People want to pay less taxes but increase the services that affect them.

What do you expect? Are cars a priority?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Suggest you have a drive through leafy West Chiltington if you want to see some serious pot holes, still it was nice to get my Council Tax Notification earlier today.

£226 per month to do absolutely f-all (oh except give a failed CEO a £300K payout).

Are WSCC the worst council in the Country?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They're a more eco-friendly - well, cheap anyway - alternative to speed bumps. Bring 'em on!

It'll just put roads on a par with cycle tracks......................................

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I drive around Sussex for my job, thankfully not in my own car. They are everywhere. It’s a disgrace.
Two particularly boil my piss. Northbound A23 at Pycombe. These have been here for years, four in a row. If you drive up there regularly, you know where I mean. The other mess is on the Westbound A27 around Firle. Like a rollercoaster.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
In the grand scheme of things right now, potholes might have been shunted down the priority list for the authorities for a while.

I think potholes were shunted down the priority list for the authorities a long time ago, I have never seen the roads so bad before.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Unfortunately the witless council haven’t rumbled that potholes let water in under the surrounding road. So when they fill the hole it traps shedloads of water underneath that keeps eroding away and effectively put the filler back out. This is why they keep refilling the same holes. They really need to dig some of these surfaces up, resurface the whole road and recycle the tarmac removed. For anyone in Westdene, Dean Vale, leading down to Eldred Avenue is an absolute shocker. It is more pothole than road - any maybe this is the council’s solution. Wait until the whole road is eroded and let us drive on the subsoil.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What is funny is that motorists know there are potholes EVERYWHERE. And yet, still get angry when a cyclist rides away from them! The number of punctures I've had from being unable to avoid potholes is crazy, sometimes drivers are so close you have no chance to avoid dropping into them. Sometimes at speed because you can't always see them - the sneaky little ********!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That news would greatly comfort me.

Bit concerned....have you now gone officially mad or are you still just toying with lost causes? How about 'what happened to the FA cup final money?' ???

D

Deleted member 22389

Is it only me that does this, when you see a pothole coming up you move your body as you drive around it, or when a bird nearly hits your windscreen you duck lol. Hope that makes sense.

matumaini

Feb 25, 2018
Is it only me that does this, when you see a pothole coming up you move your body as you drive around it, or when a bird nearly hits your windscreen you duck lol. Hope that makes sense.
Yep do it all the time, and I think why did I duck! Especially when a stone hits your windscreen!

Sent from my Power using Tapatalk

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
There's a new pothole on the Ashdown Forest that I literally thought had ripped the wheel off on Friday. It was so big that I fear for any deer that get trapped in it...

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Hey you're not old, its one of my bugbears at the moment.
These pot holes are everywhere, its down to the fuvkwittery of the local councils, not keeping up the repair the roads.
My car hit a massive hole the other day, which was covered over by rain, it made a hell of a bang, luckily no damage was done.
There's an outfit up here, employed by the local counci to make running repairs, but all they seem to do is drop a lump of porridge in the hole and hope for the best.
Its maddening I tell you, we need to get the Romans back and build the roads, as our medieval ones are sh!te :angry:
I’m more and more convinced it’s down to the sheer volume of road works throughout the city over the last few years, new residential developments springing up means the adjacent roads get dug, in my road the same patch of road was dug and filled three times over a 6 week period for each of the utilities, none of them talking to each , this cannot be good for the roads with these patchwork jobs all over the place

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I’m more and more convinced it’s down to the sheer volume of road works throughout the city over the last few years, new residential developments springing up means the adjacent roads get dug, in my road the same patch of road was dug and filled three times over a 6 week period for each of the utilities, none of them talking to each , this cannot be good for the roads with these patchwork jobs all over the place
It's the same up here, make shift repairs and hope for the best.
I have heard that Roman roads are making a come back to replace the ones Boudica first contracted the Iceni highways agency to build, that we have now.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I just want doc to hurry the f*** up with his flux capacitor and stuff so we can all have flying Delorians, is it too much to ask?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here