Potential Fight breaking out at Wild Years Towers

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The people next door are having some scaffold removed from the side of their house. I've let the scaffolders use the path down the side of our house and I've moved Mrs Wildy Ears's motor from the drive so its not in their way.
They turned up the other day to do it but my car was parked at the end of MY drive so they couldnt park their lorry. This led to our other neighbour being assulted and racially abused, the police being called and a major international incident happening on my doorstep.
So here I am today having been very helpfull when I hear a piece of scaf' pipe hit my kitchen window. I advised the young fellow to be more cautious and went back inside. I then hear the head scaffold monkey shouting out how if that 'prick' next door (me) hadn't parked his car there none of this would have happened.
Unacustomed as I am to hearing myself being reffered (sp) to as a 'prick' and thinking I may have misheard the chap I poke my head out of the back door and ask "I beg your pardon"

Well, that was a mistake, he turned a dandy shade of pink and released a volley of anglo saxon, whilst shining down the scaffold towards me and advising me that I didn't want to get lairy with him cos it would take him under half a minute to sort me out.

I retreated, he went back up the scaffold and continued barking on about the 'prick'next door and how he'll pay to get him killed !

Advise please...........

This is Franks Wild Years reporting from the cupboard under the stairs and asking any NSC'ers in the area to please send food,water etc. And if no one hears from me for a few days my laptops lost power and I'm eating the dog.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Stop being a geek posting the miniuate of your life on here, switch off the pc and go and deal with it!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Call the rozzers if he is too much of nutter to confront. you can't be treated like that on your own doorstep.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You're somewhere around Ashton Gate, right?

Can I come round and watch - should only take me 5 mins or so from my desk.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
You don't want to irritate them as they know who you are. I'd stick a piece of fish in the front vent of their truck when they aren't looking, should give them a heck of a stench for a while!

Or a cup of milk through the open window of the truck - nice warm day for it..:lol:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Look, the bloke is obviously a bone-head, and whilst it might make you feel better to call the police, or to retalliate in some way, it wont do you any good.

Unless you can prove that he has directly threatened you, the police won't do anything, and getting them involved will make the gentleman all the more likely to take matters further. Lets face it, he's unlikely to change his ways just because he gets a visit from the local constabulary.

You obviously left your car on YOUR drive specifically to wind him up, and it worked.

I know it's the easy way out, but unless you want a broken window (or worse) I'd let it fly.

He's shouting at all his collegues now. I think they maybe deflecting some flack, and the builders turned up. He's a good guy, although slightly unhinged. Yep ,he's going to get me killed. So long one and all.
The builder just said "Leave him alone, he's a gentleman".

The dogs scarpered up to the bedroom.

English Bull Terrier..... more like a bloody french poodle.

Wanderer said:
Look, the bloke is obviously a bone-head, and whilst it might make you feel better to call the police, or to retalliate in some way, it wont do you any good.

Unless you can prove that he has directly threatened you, the police won't do anything, and getting them involved will make the gentleman all the more likely to take matters further. Lets face it, he's unlikely to change his ways just because he gets a visit from the local constabulary.

You obviously left your car on YOUR drive specifically to wind him up, and it worked.

I know it's the easy way out, but unless you want a broken window (or worse) I'd let it fly.

Yes. I think I agree.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone else had their illusions shattered? I thought FWY was one hard bastard :( :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports