Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] 'Potential criminality' at Labour's largest donor, two independent reports find

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Unions - link here

Labour.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Shocking if true, and completely correct of the current Unite General Secretary to instigate the KC and accountancy investigation, and prosecute where criminality has occurred.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
A dodgy union leader , not a massive surprise is it . If you look and listen to the leaders of the big trade unions , they do all come across as people you wouldn’t trust with your money .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Interesting that Sky News reporting this like it is 'new' news when they covered it back in April, but include no link or reference back to their earlier report by the same reporter on 07 April 2022.

Guardian also ran the same story on 07 April. Both mention that 1 employee is subject of the criminal investigation.
Given further news of Tory criminality with their ‘VIP lanes’ this week I’m not surprised if some old stories have been rehashed to deflect …

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Right, that's my daily dose of political whataboutery done and dusted. Now, are people still arguing on the Connolly thread?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not really Labour's problem though is it, why mention them in reports if in no way involved? (yes, i know why)

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
So a union representing it's members has some accounting anomalies - well worth investigatin.
Possibly not in the same leave as as corrupt individual Russian donors and KGB members (allegedly) given peerages.
Yes, a huge story.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
A dodgy union leader , not a massive surprise is it . If you look and listen to the leaders of the big trade unions , they do all come across as people you wouldn’t trust with your money .
I have always been a labour supporter and very supportive of unions, but your quite right. The leaders in the past all seemed genuine guys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here