Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Postecoglou and Spurs

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I've always felt a bit indifferent about Spurs but find myself getting a bit of a soft spot for them under Ange Postecoglou.

I know its early in the season but he's done an incredible job reinvigorating Spurs particularly after losing Kane in the summer.

A likeable chap who plays a very attractive brand of football, would love a scenario that saw him replace RDZ when he moves on.

He was a great appointment for them, no matter how much I find his everyman bloke shtick a bit irritating

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Afraid I have to separate the bloke (a pretty sound one by the looks of it) from the football club (arrogant, self-entitled, referee-favoured cheats).

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I agree. He's improved their style of play no end. The previous Tottenham manager was so negative and hardly played Biss at all.

Aside from the sending off yesterday Bissouma looks to be back to his best.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Don't think he was first choice for Spurs either. Scottish football and Celtic don't normally get much respect from the English media.

He was always going to get a good reception from the players by dint of not being Conte: a notable shitbag, huge disciplinarian and control freak. And Mourinho before that, as well, of course. I’ll ignore the Nuno bit cos it doesn’t suit my point.
Just treating people like humans makes for a huge change straight off the bat and all the players are instantly on board. Spurs will struggle when there’s injuries cos they have 14/15 very decent players and then a huge drop off to mostly crap - but with a decent bit of luck they’ll be (and are) a very good side.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The test will come in the January window when he will need to bring in reinforcements. Outside of his starting XI the bench is largely the dullards that have failed in recent seasons. He has no depth in defence whatsoever.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Spurs' defence isn't all that. Romero is just a clogger. Udogie seems to have done well, but neither full back is that great and if Maddison is injured, they lack flair in the middle. They've started well, but I don't see it continuing to the same extent as the season progresses. Their last two wins have been largely undeserved ones with winning goals scored deep, deep into added time.

Plus, once the refereeing decisions of the last season or so start to even themselves out (as surely they have to do at some point?) they have the world's biggest, most steaming pile of karma to land right on top of White Hart Lane. And we will all enjoy it.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Hate spurs but it would be very funny if they actually won something after Kane left to get silverware elsewhere.

I've always felt a bit indifferent about Spurs but find myself getting a bit of a soft spot for them under Ange Postecoglou.

I know its early in the season but he's done an incredible job reinvigorating Spurs particularly after losing Kane in the summer.

A likeable chap who plays a very attractive brand of football, would love a scenario that saw him replace RDZ when he moves on.
Kind of agree with this. Spurs fans are plastic ish, but never found them irritating our of the bigger clubs. Would rate it if they won the league. He is also a likeable manager too which is funny, because he looks like he'd be a right dick haha

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Hate spurs but it would be very funny if they actually won something after Kane left to get silverware elsewhere.
That would indeed be entertaining. I must be in the minority here - but I've always quite liked Spurs. I don't know why - given that I started supporting in 1977, and therefore had all the stuff in the next few years with crowd trouble and the Southampton game, and indeed, one of the only two times I have ever been punched in relation to football was before a Spurs game. Bizarrely - it was before Gerry Ryan's testimonial - why anyone would want to try and cause trouble at such a match I have no idea. So I should dislike them - but for some reason I don't.

The other punching incident was a drunken Sheffield Wednesday fan when everyone was drunk down on the beach outside the Fortunes of War. Quite rightly, I detest them to this day.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
They seem to have spent the start of the season having an easy fixture list, Liverpool would of smashed them 11v11 one excellent player in Madison, my son was on a charity golf event with Madison today and said he’s a really nice fella him and Mason Mount very down to earth.
Maguire was also in attendance and he said he actually felt sorry for him the battering he is taking in the media has really knocked him for six.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They seem to have spent the start of the season having an easy fixture list, Liverpool would of smashed them 11v11 one excellent player in Madison, my son was on a charity golf event with Madison today and said he’s a really nice fella him and Mason Mount very down to earth.
Maguire was also in attendance and he said he actually felt sorry for him the battering he is taking in the media has really knocked him for six.

Chelsea and Spurs have the luxury of a week’s rest and prep for PL games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here