Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post your favourite Madchester tunes here

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Paris Angels - Perfume (all on me). Used to play it every Thursday in the Hacienda and I LOVED IT! Green strob lightening and dry ice psychedelic beats, I'm back there just writing this now! (Got the 12" still somewhere, must give it a play sometime)

I saw Paris Angels and Northside at The Zap back in the day, both brilliant gigs though "Shall We Take a Trip" has dated badly. Also Flowered Up at the same venue, a mental gig full of Brighton's nutters luzzing round an inflatable Red Stripe can and Barry Mooncult chucking his flower in to the crowd. Saw Bridewell Taxis there too who I really rated at the time.

Anyway, back on track here is the 2 minute clip from Snub TV that turned me from a pop / commercial indie kid in to a baggy raver overnight.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Having discovered yesterday I've still got 'Life' by Inspiral Carpets on cassette, despite not having a cassette player to play it on, I've still these 2 as well:

fac.JPG

The one on the right came free with Select magazine and contained this gem:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Has anyone asked Attila what his favourite Madchester track was?!! ;)

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Chameleons Vox. It's just Burgess these days with Yves Altana (who was with Burgess in the Sons of God). John Lever used to play drums, but had a few refuelling issues and they had a big fall out, which was highly entertaining on FaceBook when it took place on a daily basis there.

If you are a Chameleons fan would highly recommend Burgess's autobiography, although it's 600+ pages long.

I bought View from a Hill yesterday, looks a good read, interesting things he said about Ian Curtis

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
Although I’ve seen them loads of times and they are brilliant, most of the charlatans are from Birmingham way I believe and singer northwich.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Bouncy Bounce

I have done a baggy/Madchester playlist.

What have I missed?

Scottish baggy.

"Got any Candy Flip?" (NME)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bouncy Bounce

I have done a baggy/Madchester playlist.

What have I missed?

Good playlist that. Bonus points from me for including World of Twist (guitarist Gordon King lives in Hove and is now in the quite brilliant Quatermass III), New FADS and choosing Weekender for Flowered Up rather than It's On.

Great, great work.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Good playlist that. Bonus points from me for including World of Twist (guitarist Gordon King lives in Hove and is now in the quite brilliant Quatermass III), New FADS and choosing Weekender for Flowered Up rather than It's On.

Great, great work.
Love(d) New Fads and WOT. Both one-offs.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wow, didn't realise this was from there.

.....and then they morphed into a band, renamed themselves, and became one of the most under-rated acts of the time IMHO.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As unfashionable as it is to acknowledge anything GOOD about the much maligned Second Coming, I bloody LOVE this.

I saw John Squire on Jonathan Ross a few weeks ago........it was hard work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here