Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Post Your Favourite EP

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
My Mum & Dad bought me that EP for Christmas, cheapskates, I wanted the LP!
:lolol:
Well, at least it was a double EP. Why the hell they just didn’t release an album at that time I don’t know; other maybe to get into the singles chart? Music 10/10, film errrrr I’ll give it 5.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Magical Mystery Tour - The Beatles

Magical Mystery Tour
You're Mother Should Know
I Am The Walrus
Fool On The Hill
Flying
Blue Jay Way

Massively underrated album/EP, IMO.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
After @bn9 bha's offering everything else is playing for second place. Here's mine:

'London Girl' & 'A Rainy Night In Soho' on one seven inch? Amazing! But, that's not all, flip it over and you only get 'The Body of An American', one of MacGowan's greatest songs even before 'The Wire' immortalised it. Still room for 'Planxty Noel Hill', an instrumental two fingered salute to Planxty's accordian player who had made his dislike of the Pogues and their music fairly clear.

Telboy

Who Are You
Jul 6, 2003
WSU
ReadySteadyWho-UK.jpg

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I could post more than one by this chap and probably shall. If you ever think you may be dead play this and you’ll know your alive - Life’s A Riot probably counts as an album but this is definitely an EP and produced his first hit single - the brilliant Between The Wars. All four tracks are great but I’m posting It Says Here - sadly a lot of it is as true today as it was when he wrote it but it definitely encapsulated The Sun et al at the time - ‘They’re showing you a picture of stockings and suspenders next to a call for stiffer penalties for sex offenders.’

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
The brilliant Levi Stubb’s Tears was the lead track but also on his 1986 EP was a version of Walk Away Renee(acoustic guitar courtesy of Johnny Marr I think but a completely different lyric - narrated.) Magic!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I could post more than one by this chap and probably shall. If you ever think you may be dead play this and you’ll know your alive - Life’s A Riot probably counts as an album but this is definitely an EP and produced his first hit single - the brilliant Between The Wars. All four tracks are great but I’m posting It Says Here - sadly a lot of it is as true today as it was when he wrote it but it definitely encapsulated The Sun et al at the time - ‘They’re showing you a picture of stockings and suspenders next to a call for stiffer penalties for sex offenders.’

Great suggestion. That clip you have posted was on a South Bank Show piece about Billy that I think I still have on recorded on a VHS tape somewhere in the loft. The EP also has his cover of Leon Rosselson's fantastic song about the Diggers 'The World Turned Upside Down'. Billy's cover versions have, over the years, introduced me to some great music. 'Think Again' led me to Dick Gaughan, 'Fear is a Man's Best Friend' to John Cale's many brilliant solo albums and 'Chile Your Waters Run Red Through Soweto' to Sweet Honey In The Rock.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Quite simply, the best EPs NSC can offer. Finding those hidden gems that aren't on the albums.

Today Forever by Ride - so good they made a video for each song.

Now we’re talking 👍

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
1670429876617.jpeg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Inside and out
pigeons
match of the day

genesis.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Durutti Column

1670440195789.png

Going for quite a bit on e-bay. Maybe I should be thinking of putting my copy on there.

But then again, maybe I should just play it again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here