Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post the time you stop watching England, here.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Any minute now, Wellbeck had one job then put the ball to Rooneys feet for a tap in.

And that band is getting on my tits:censored:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'll watch the whole 90, support through the 'bad' times as well as the 'good' (all those quarter finals don't seem so bad now!).

I've seen a lot worse than this.

Watch if you want or ignore it, but all this 'showing off' about how much you don't care, is ludicrous. (Not you Gullflyinghigh)

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I've just found a live stream of Nepal v Kuwait in the Asian Under 16's Championship.... bye! :wave:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

Watch if you want or ignore it, but all this 'showing off' about how much you don't care, is ludicrous. (Not you Gullflyinghigh)

It's odd isn't it? We collectively slate the media for building expectations yet decide that England aren't worth watching/awful if they don't troubce teams like Switzerland. Maybe it's not just the media who have an inflated opinion of our apparent football standing.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It's odd isn't it? We collectively slate the media for building expectations yet decide that England aren't worth watching/awful if they don't troubce teams like Switzerland. Maybe it's not just the media who have an inflated opinion of our apparent football standing.

Only that at the moment it is difficult to argue with them as much as i have despised the football journos in the past.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We have no chance with Cook as captain.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Couldn't face it, will watch the highlights later if there are any.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
45 done.
Sure it hasn't had my undivided attention, but I have remained in the room with the football on, and not channel hopped.

There's something quite familiar about watching a team play some nice quick football but be unable to hit a cows arse with a banjo, when in front of goal.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

The national side is a difficult one. I would have added interest if there was a Brighton player. I also don't have the nationalistic strength behind watching us. It does during tournaments, but this is going through the motions stuff. We'll probably qualify, but I can't raise any sort of excitement for the team.

Having thought more about it (just this second), I don't like the fact that these guys earn millions a year for doing an easy job. They should be better for the cash they earn, but I don't think they deserve the cash they earn.

Jealous? Very likely, but I'm not comfortable watching millionaires kick the ball about and claim they love to play.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The national side is a difficult one. I would have added interest if there was a Brighton player. I also don't have the nationalistic strength behind watching us. It does during tournaments, but this is going through the motions stuff. We'll probably qualify, but I can't raise any sort of excitement for the team.

Having thought more about it (just this second), I don't like the fact that these guys earn millions a year for doing an easy job. They should be better for the cash they earn, but I don't think they deserve the cash they earn.

Jealous? Very likely, but I'm not comfortable watching millionaires kick the ball about and claim they love to play.

It's no worse than going to a gig, or watching a film. England wages go to charity.
I just like watching football, & make no apology for that. I always want us to win, even in a friendly.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

It's a very short career BoF, maybe they enjoy it for a few years as they climb though the leagues and it seems that every year or two their pay doubles or trebles but, try to remember that eventually the money and fame dries up and they are out of a job. Well, unless thay can buy a newsagents or help out with a Plumber.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here