Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post-match thread - Reading

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not the greatest performance and apart from scoring Murphy would be appraised as not meeting expectations in my view.

How Reading failed to score when 5 v 3 is beyond me but Stockdale made the save but sadly looked like to goal was a fumble so to speak.

Our goal was textbook and we pressed hard at times but were totally overwhelmed to long ball for large parts of the second half.

Yes this, goal apart Murphy was poor, another for Crofts as MoM for me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So the BBC site saying we were outplayed for most of the first half was written by a non Albion lover ?

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Interesting to read the posts and the difference of opinions when selecting the MOTM. It suggests that there were a number of really good performances today across the park and it sounded like it when listening on the radio
A lot of quality players who have a confidence when playing together and for each other. I reckon we would have lost that game last season
Really looking forward to listening again on Tuesday and watching on Saturday

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Must have been, they had a 10 min spell in the first half, that was it.

The second free kick was very generous IMO.

Thought both sides were a bit poor in first half to be honest. Had 0-0 written all over it. We started second half very well, scored, then they came into it much more. Happy with a point in the end.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
It really didn't look like they were going to score despite their dominance in spells, i said at half time it would take a mistake for them to score and it did.

We look very well organised, soaked up the pressure well and took our chance when we got it.

Stockdale will be livid with himself for the goal but mistakes happen, he's had a good season so far so hope he picks himself up and gets back to where he has been.

Can't complain with a point really, fair result I think.

Good to see their fans are still mongos, limp wrists gestures, the classics "we can see you holding hands" and "does your boyfriend know you're here", along with still banging on about when they won the Championship like 10 years ago. Top banter.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It really didn't look like they were going to score despite their dominance in spells, i said at half time it would take a mistake for them to score and it did.

We look very well organised, soaked up the pressure well and took our chance when we got it.
Stocko will be livid with himself for the goal but mistakes happen, he's had a good season so far so hope he picks himself up and gets back to where he has been.

Can't complain with a point really, fair result I think. Good to see their fans are still mongos, limp wrists gestures, the classics "we can see you holding hands" and "does your boyfriend know you're here", along with still banging on about when they won the Championship like 10 years ago. Top banter.

All of this [emoji3] Their fans really are a bunch of retards

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
no ,why would I want to jump on the reading away band wagon???
regards
DR

I am baffled, how could you know "he had a lazy on" if you were not there ?

Please tell

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Interesting to read the posts and the difference of opinions when selecting the MOTM. It suggests that there were a number of really good performances today across the park and it sounded like it when listening on the radio
A lot of quality players who have a confidence when playing together and for each other. I reckon we would have lost that game last season
Really looking forward to listening again on Tuesday and watching on Saturday

Good post IMO. Brings into perspective what I had considered myself, that if any number of players could have been MoM we are getting somewhere as a team. Rather than as previously often relying on an invidual star to produce the goods.
I have to be honest suffered from a little doubt about our current position, probably because it had previously been so bad. I now need to pinch myself to accept we are where we are by merit. Today however, going to Reading and getting a positive result, has I hope, finally led me to believe we really are now a Championship team for others to fear. Still would be pleased to see the arrival of a goal grabber.
I'm pleased CH has done so well, I believe he is the genuine article and honest. I can't imagine him ever putting his interests before the club and I'm confident Mr Tony will feel the same. The Club is now truly geared up for the Prem and with Barber and Winstanley beavering away in the background I fully expect that's where we will be next season...the one downside is pies will be a fiver! :eek:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Jesus wept. Just got back and feels like it's been an away day to Leeds or Blackpool or wherever, the trains are hard work. We were outplayed for most of the first but we sat back and invited pressure. Second half was much better and Hemed worked so hard, he really shined.

So Reading are a top team then? Meh, they were nothing special, Bristol City impressed me more and the Reading fans were pathetic. One tune for most of the game (Sloop John) and retro homophobic chants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here