Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post match thread - Leeds

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
In the last two games, we have doubled our lead at the top twice, 1 point to 2 points, v Cardiff, 2 points to 4 points v dirty Leeds.
Long may we continue not playing well

theboybilly

Just tried to see what Leeds fans were saying on their Forums but they seem a precious bunch so you need to register just to view. I'm not that interested but eventually found one which, after getting through the homophobic beginning to the Matchday thread ended with one poster saying that the only positive he took from today was.....Brighton - 'if they're top there's hope. Most of their players lacked confidence and seemed scared of playing at ER'
Good grief...you wouldn't think that they've not kicked a ball in the Premier League for 11 years would you.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Just tried to see what Leeds fans were saying on their Forums but they seem a precious bunch so you need to register just to view. I'm not that interested but eventually found one which, after getting through the homophobic beginning to the Matchday thread ended with one poster saying that the only positive he took from today was.....Brighton - 'if they're top there's hope. Most of their players lacked confidence and seemed scared of playing at ER'
Good grief...you wouldn't think that they've not kicked a ball in the Premier League for 11 years would you.
I hope you're not being disrespectful towards the Undisputed Champions of Europe?

They love to dish out the shit from within their impossible to enter forum-bunch of precious tossers.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

That is hilarious and gives every club every reason to take the piss out of them for being the best team in the world ever. Why would anyone be more scared of Elland Road than the New York stadium? What planet do they live on? We shat ourselves for 90 mins and won 2-1. So scared are we!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Dirty Leeds :laugh::laugh::laugh:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
A couple of quotes from Leeds folk

"****ing depressing. A club like Brighton with there bus load of fans taking the pics at ER."

"Brighton. Little Brighton chant top of the league. Not a relatively big budget. We are perennial losers."

"Don't see Rosler lasting game much longer tbh.Poyet would be good for me, we have some decent players, we just need better tactics and to get them playing with confidence"

"Brighton slightly better than us, more composed I reckon but nothing special. Their league position flatters them a tad at the moment"

"Brighton were lucky today. They will be Beaten soon as they were very average. I can't see them top at christmas "

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

"****ing depressing. A club like Brighton with there bus load of fans taking the pics at ER."

"Brighton. Little Brighton chant top of the league. Not a relatively big budget. We are perennial losers."

"Don't see Rosler lasting game much longer tbh.Poyet would be good for me, we have some decent players, we just need better tactics and to get them playing with confidence"

"Brighton slightly better than us, more composed I reckon but nothing special. Their league position flatters them a tad at the moment"

"Brighton were lucky today. They will be Beaten soon as they were very average. I can't see them top at christmas "

Dirty Leeds :laugh::laugh::laugh:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
The odd thing was: I read the online Guardian match review of the game, which suggested that Leeds dominated, had the majority of chances, and were unlucky to be hit with a counter-attacking sucker punch. Most of the Albion fans' reviews I've seen suggested we were well below par.

However, the possession and shot statistics are significantly in our favour, somehow.

The Guardian is not exactly a reliable source of information is it.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

You're not famous any more :ascarf: They must have enjoyed that as they were streaming out of the Champions of Europe Stadium before the 90 minutes were up.

Yarkshur born, Yarkshur bred
Strong int arm and thick int 'ead.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
They should try charging less than 40 quid a ticket if they want to see less than a "bus load" of away fans. Ridiculous prices.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006

"****ing depressing. A club like Brighton with there bus load of fans taking the pics at ER.""

We take just a few short of 1000 paying £37 and someone says that, are they seriously deluded? The third highest away following at ER so far this season

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We take just a few short of 1000 paying £37 and someone says that, are they seriously deluded? The third highest away following at ER so far this season

They really are deluded up and above the point of being sane. Do they really think that we look at Elland Road as some northern Wembley? There was 22.5k at that place today, take our 1k out so 21k went to watch the best team in world history lose, again. I have no idea what forum this came from but they really could do with a pep talk about their status in football. I've never seen such delusion from any bunch of fans anywhere, ever!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
They really are deluded up and above the point of being sane. Do they really think that we look at Elland Road as some northern Wembley? There was 22.5k at that place today, take our 1k out so 21k went to watch the best team in world history lose, again. I have no idea what forum this came from but they really could do with a pep talk about their status in football. I've never seen such delusion from any bunch of fans anywhere, ever!

Waccoe match thread

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Waccoe match thread

I've never been able to get on there, if there is the slightest hint that the applicant doesn't worship Dirty Leeds, they reject the request.

A truly pathetic club despite being Champions, Champions of Europe.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I've never been able to get on there, if there is the slightest hint that the applicant doesn't worship Dirty Leeds, they reject the request.

A truly pathetic club despite being Champions, Champions of Europe.

I signed up about two years ago with LUFC as part of my username to get accepted. I don't post as you have to go into a sub section for about 10 posts before restrictions are lifted. I signed up just so i could view their board,

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I signed up about two years ago with LUFC as part of my username to get accepted. I don't post as you have to go into a sub section for about 10 posts before restrictions are lifted. I signed up just so i could view their board,

I like it when it goes into lockdown mode after yet another 'embarrassing moment' for England's biggest, most successful club. Precious little mites.

megcat

Sep 6, 2012
Chelwood Gate
The odd thing was: I read the online Guardian match review of the game, which suggested that Leeds dominated, had the majority of chances, and were unlucky to be hit with a counter-attacking sucker punch. Most of the Albion fans' reviews I've seen suggested we were well below par.

However, the possession and shot statistics are significantly in our favour, somehow.

Now Edna you make a really good point. Having just watched the T V highlights Rossler sums it up well, he says we played very well against the best team in the league. They did and they hurt us at times, but in the second half we allowed them very little and as the game went on they tired and our control of the game got better and better. No we were not at our best but we dug in and with a smart choice of substitutions had the quality to win the game. Your point about the game stats is bourne out by the bbc website. They tired because they were working very hard to match our quality which in my opinion is still under rated.
I would drive 500miles to see Bobby score,and I just did

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
It was indeed the amount of effort that leeds had to put in, that told in the end.
Their work rate was amazing and they closed us down all over the pitch.
Because of this, they had to make their substitutions fairly early, so had no injury replacement at the end.
Even with 11 though they were a spent force with 20 minutes to go and the game was turning our way for a good while before that too as they tired.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here