Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Post-match reaction and thoughts - Bournemouth

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Three simple conclusions.

We are a poor side without both dunk and Duffy in.

Also gross should not be anywhere near the 11 for an away game. Said it for 7-8 months now.

Our centre mids are our weak leak. One goal in 1.5 prem seasons from centre midfielders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It was interesting watching yesterday. Lets be honest our away form has been dire so a change is a good thing. The way we set off and attacked was great to see. Locadia looked good, Andone looked very good, as did Bissouma. The down side obviously was we were not as strong in defence, but that defending plan hasn't exactly given the results we want either. I would like to see us do more of this away from home, OK we didn't get the result yesterday, but we looked much more like we were going to score. Without the sending off we were just about to go with Glen as additional forward, and I think we may well have got something.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I think the only adjustment needed yesterday should have been Stephens in for Gross.
He should have sat behind Propper & Bissouma who are attacking midfielders.
Stephens would have covered Brooks to stop the 1st goal.
Locadia played well in the 1st half and him Bernardo and Bissouma were controlling the left side.

stephens may have thwacked brooks and got sent off....!!! :shrug: frustrating game best forgotten .....if possible

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I thought Bernardo looks excellent for you. He looks a real player.

After a dodgy debut on the first game (where he played most of the game at right back, and we were awful), he's only fought his way back into the first team for a month or so. He's been extremely consistent since then, and seems to have a real turn of pace. My early impressions are that he now looks one of our strongest starter (which might be another way of saying that he won't last too long).
Who were you less impressed with?
FWIW, to me your best players look like Brooks, Wilson, Ake and, all of a sudden, Fraser. I suspect that you will add Lerma to that list (I haven't seen enough of him to comment). For a while now, I have thought Begovic has lost much of his aura, but (having only seen it live) he got down well twice to keep the clean sheet.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Agree! I really like Gross, one of our best players, he is however off the pace and not in the best of form, perhaps that swap may work against Arsenal, also some speed/pace training for Gross while he's on the bench!

I think the only adjustment needed yesterday should have been Stephens in for Gross.
He should have sat behind Propper & Bissouma who are attacking midfielders.
Stephens would have covered Brooks to stop the 1st goal.
Locadia played well in the 1st half and him Bernardo and Bissouma were controlling the left side.

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
The Melo Melo lounge = hangeover ,cheap beer.Will be ok for Boxing Day ,Happy Christmas see you all in the Swan

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
To be honest, I watched the whole game and thought we were dire from start to finish.
They looked extremely average but still beat us by two....
All in all, pretty crap.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Thanks. 4-2-3-1 then, apparently - what a lot of us wanted. I did wonder, from the players picked, whether we might have gone the whole hog and switched to 4-3-3.

I’d like to see us try a proper 4-3-3 away from home. We often seem to get overrun in midfield, as per the second half at BMuff, and it would seem to suit the options we have, especially with Bissouma starting to establish himself. Playing Stephens as the holding player with Bissouma and Propper in front of him would play all of those 3 in their best positions (Propper is too deep away generally), and 3 up front would allow us to play any two of Andone, Locadia, March, Izquierdo, Gross up alongside Murray, who otherwise gets isolated up front away when he plays. And in the case of Andone and Locadia we were told by CH himself that both were used to playing as part of a front 3. It does require more faith in your full backs but with Bernardo stepping up I think we’re ready

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here