Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post-match party in the East concourse again tomorrow

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It would be nice if we won a match sometimes or even scored a goal

Tsk tsk tsk. Such naivety. You have to understand: it simply isn't about that these days. Get with it.

After all, why bother investing in a good team when all it seems to take to make kids of all ages happy is a junior steel band, Greg Rudzeski gurning for selfies and consuming an overpriced pint of beer whilst standing on a concourse?

As "matchday experiences" go, you have admit, all that is pretty amazing and surely more than makes up for all that boring cow's a*se/banjo nonsense going on in the middle - we're not very good at that after all, so thank god it matters less and less.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Tsk tsk tsk. Such naivety. You have to understand: it simply isn't about that these days. Get with it.

After all, why bother investing in a good team when all it seems to take to make kids of all ages happy is a junior steel band, Greg Rudzeski gurning for selfies and consuming an overpriced pint of beer whilst standing on a concourse?

As "matchday experiences" go, you have admit, all that is pretty amazing and surely more than makes up for all that boring cow's a*se/banjo nonsense going on in the middle - we're not very good at that after all, so thank god it matters less and less.

As the Manic Street Preachers once sang: "And if you tolerate this, your children will be [subjected to goal music] next"

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

It sounds as though you believe it is one or the other? Appreciating the "matchday experience" does not mean that I or other's dont care about what happens on the field. But the paucity of goals, points and victories doesn't make me blind to other bits that the Club is doing to make going to footie enjoyable, and I personally don't subscribe to the view that by putting on the side-shows is somehow a distraction policy by the Club to the performance of the team, or indeed provided INSTEAD of a decent team. I guess in other lines of business, these are the "value-adding" elements - not the reason for going, but the bits that, for many, make it better value for money. Not for everyone of course. The kids I was with on Saturday loved it..

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
It sounds as though you believe it is one or the other? Appreciating the "matchday experience" does not mean that I or other's dont care about what happens on the field. But the paucity of goals, points and victories doesn't make me blind to other bits that the Club is doing to make going to footie enjoyable, and I personally don't subscribe to the view that by putting on the side-shows is somehow a distraction policy by the Club to the performance of the team, or indeed provided INSTEAD of a decent team. I guess in other lines of business, these are the "value-adding" elements - not the reason for going, but the bits that, for many, make it better value for money. Not for everyone of course. The kids I was with on Saturday loved it..

Well said.

Plus NSC's very own Walking Dead don't seem to realise that events like Saturday's significantly improve our ability to compete in the future.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I personally don't subscribe to the view that by putting on the side-shows is somehow a distraction policy by the Club to the performance of the team

We'll have to agree to disagree. I've been living in the States and I've seen where this gimmicky crap which basically serves to get kids to pester their parents to take them to games can end up - in that sense it's the sporting equivalent of a McDonalds happy meal. Not a fan, personally, at all.

When I was 6 or 7, my Goldstone matchday experience consisted of a) sweets from near Hove station b) being wedged up against a fence at the front of the SW Terrace whilst c) being wafted by cigar smoke - but d) watching us getting promoted out of the division we're in now. Needless to say it was bloody GREAT.

And any unemployed actor who'd tried to paint my face back then would have been told to f**k right off and told where to stick his dog fashioned out of twisted balloons.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
I had an 'Amex moment' today as I stood in the long queue at the club shop to by some half priced goods. The queue disappeared within about 1 min and I looked up as about 10 employees of the Albion were quickly serving people and wishing them to enjoy the game. In a mint as feck club shop at our state of the art magnificent stadium. How far we've come. Disappointing seasons will happen on the pitch always.. But our future is bright bright bright..!

I'd rather we play football like Bournemouth and be served slowly in the club shop.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I would seem that you don't mind Sussex CCC being there but purely as you have an interest in cricket but don't want discos and opera singers.
Fair enough, but you weren't forced to stay behind for the disco and you are not obliged to watch/listen to anything else.
The club are trying to cater to all tastes and still folk moan. Try going to some away games and see how boring it is going back to no post-match beers at the ground while the crowds die down etc. BHAFC are doing things brilliantly (off the pitch) in my opinion.

I mentioned the cricket because Sussex CCC were there to promote themselves, I did stop briefly at their activities and I was immediately approached by someone giving me fixtures and ticket prices.

I don't think I mentioned I didn't want the disco, not wanting to go or caring about it is what I said. You are correct I wasn't forced to attend.

I think I was sort of forced to listen to the opera singer, she was singing as I went to my seat.
I could have gone to the concourse, but it was packed.

I still can't work out why we needed an opera singer at a football match.

I have been to plenty of away games, but I usually want to get back home after a long day travelling and watching the match.
My life doesn't always revolve around drinking beer.
I don't think I have criticised the club for having bars open after the match.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Nah, should have made them stand on crumbling terraces, get pelted with coins, have a half time choice of pissing up a stinking wall or a cup of something lukewarm, stinking and brown (not being sure which smelt better) and then get threatened by a load of teenage morons on the way home.

That's the way to make sure they become pwopa fans :thumbsup: and football wouldn't be dieing on it's feet :facepalm:

You've been to Fratton Park then...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here