• Yay

Votes: 136 61.8%
  • Nay

Votes: 84 38.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes - a good indicator of reliability of poster...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Keep them. It gives you some clue as to how to take a post. There is so much complete and utter bollox posted by some of the newbies that it's handy to know so you can ignore them.

How does it work? Who can rate it etc?

Click on the little star under peoples avatar next to the report post function. As far as I can see anyone can rate anyone. I like this idea !

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I say keep them.

No particular reason, but it's interesting sometimes when you notice someone has a large post count, but you've never noticed them!

They do no harm and, as others have said, are sometimes a good guide as to whether a post can be trusted or taken with a pinch of salt (until confirmed by others).

Generally, though, trustworthy posters can only be gauged over time, and there is nothing really that helps new users to make these judgements - which is why Easy and Ernest continue to get biters....

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Being as my post count is bigger than yours Bozza, no wonder you feel inadequate - Billy Small Bollocks.

My post count isn't even an accurate number - I was posting before you were even 'Bozza' :cool:

thats news to me......who was Bozza before Bozza?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If we get rid of post counts how are we going to know is number 1 saddo in the annual post count awards ?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Quote Originally Posted by Diego Napier View Post
a. I don't need a post count to tell me if someone is posting complete and utter bollox
b. Complete and utter bollox isn't the exclusive preserve of the newbies!

Yawn, sooo predictable, thanks for proving my point!

D

Deleted member 2719

I would have too say YES keep them just because i wouldn't want El Pres booing after he had lost his seniority.

:tantrum:

juanpablotheseagul

Mar 8, 2011
Football fans of all clubs always love to play this game of "I'm a better fan than you are". I am new to NSC but am by no means new to BHA, I have been a fan for 25 years. Like has been said before bollox is bollox no matter who is saying it and no matter what they have said before.

That said I don't see a problem with keeping a post count, but just make sure we come to view on the content of a post and don't let the frequency of posts cloud your judgement!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I went to both Play off finals, The Goldstone,Hereford,Gillingham & Withdean and am not a JCL-newbie? yes,bespoke sub wannabe JCL? maybe a little...please change my tag Bozza.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Where was the poll for introducing the reputation scores?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I say keep them.

No particular reason, but it's interesting sometimes when you notice someone has a large post count, but you've never noticed them!

They do no harm and, as others have said, are sometimes a good guide as to whether a post can be trusted or taken with a pinch of salt (until confirmed by others).

Generally, though, trustworthy posters can only be gauged over time, and there is nothing really that helps new users to make these judgements - which is why Easy and Ernest continue to get biters....

Me too-Back on the old old bbc 606 we had them,then 2006 onwards we did not,hard to sort the wheat from the chafe.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Get rid. Would soon see the end of threads like Word Association and others designed solely for people to boost their count.

Also not sure on the rep thing, which I guess will lead itself to people bigging up their mates rather than doing it for genuine reasons.

If you want an idea over whether someone is worth listening too, try reading their post and making up your own mind rather than going by stats

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Also not sure on the rep thing, which I guess will lead itself to people bigging up their mates rather than doing it for genuine reasons.
And also the fact that people can send you anonymous comments! It's going to get real nasty.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
And also the fact that people can send you anonymous comments! It's going to get real nasty.

would you send a test to me please-

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Leave them on - it adds to the fun - especially watching the "i'm a bigger fan than you" saddos endlessly rant on about how they first saw BHA in 1923 etc etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here