Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post a video of your favourite ever goal

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

Watch from 1:15 and then look at what foot he's using. Right footed, but outward curve. Goal keeper was probably expecting this to go wide. But from this angle at 1:15 you can see just how truly special it is.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
My memory is not what it used to be but possibly 86/87. Bton won 3-1 with two late goals, one of which was a crumplin screamer

That was 1987/88. A VHS of that game does exist somewhere but I lost the eBay auction for it. :(

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Erm, no.

I actually think CMS's against Burnley was technically better than Rooney's.

You think Zlatan's goal was better than this?

Zlatan's was an overhead kick into an empty goal in a friendly against defenders that are sub-par. Rooney scored, under pressure from defenders in an important league game against United's strongest challengers.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Zlatan's was an overhead kick into an empty goal in a friendly against defenders that are sub-par. Rooney scored, under pressure from defenders in an important league game against United's strongest challengers.

I think Zlatan's was better because of the sheer audacity to try it and there's still a pressure to score even with an empty net, it's never empty for long! It would be hard enough hitting the target from that distance with a normal volley, let alone an overhead kick.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex

Rooney shinned it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Zlatan had less time to calculate and it was an unconventional technique. Whereas with Rooney, it came at an optimum angle.

One from the best non-British player to play in the English league :thumbsup:

YouTube

...And the pass wasn't bad either! There is a goal of his that I cannot find on YouTube - Arsenal v European side, I think the Arse were already 3 - 0 up when Bergkgamp did a pinpoint lob over the goalkeeper - with his back to the goal. I recall that in the interview after he said that he had noticed the goalie was one who spent a lot of his time off the line.

I saw Mr B once described as "...a god become footballer" and I don't think that a bad description. He didn't just score goals, he created works of art (see also v Newcastle, greatest Premier League goal ever?).

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Was going to post Frank Worthingtons goal but it has already been posted but last nights goal against England will take sone beating.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here