Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possibly the strangest phone call I have ever received

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You'd be waiting a long time, for I can't imagine one as great as he ever suggesting anything of the sort. He may be humbled by the offer but he'd never demand.

'He will turn down what it is offered, but he will never take that which is not. To follow the path of the Calde is to be humble, generous and kind' - Extract from the Book of Calde

Well quite. But it's important to offer in the first place :thumbsup:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Just got home to this nonsense. Calde was in my bed, y-fronts on the floor, tickling my missus's earlobe with my season ticket. When I asked him what he was up to he just growled something about my decision not to go to Middlesbrough away last season.

I hadn't even changed my sheets. Basquard

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
I'm a STH, but pay a lump sum rather than DD. I got a 'Calde' call this afternoon reminding me of the date if I wanted to renew. No mention of my missing any games.
I guess it's the DD payers that didn't get a call? Hell of a lot of calls to make (cost?)

Bucky

Nov 29, 2014
My brother told me he'd had a call about missing games,didn't have a clue what he was talking about but told him I had reported him to the club anyway.

Then again, any sort of right-thinking man would happily stand aside and offer his beloved to Calderon in the first place. If you'd actually wait for the Great Man to ask, that makes you a Bad Fan, surely.

After thinking about it a bit more I have decided to allow Calde full access to my wife.

Saves me a job.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
At 15:46 I had my first proper laugh of the day, thank you.

Don't shoot me I'm not a stalker but have liked your posts in the past and you've been awful quiet - come back to us Pevenseagull!

D

Deleted member 2719

If they want me to renew my ST I will need Vicente saying "come back Mouldy as I have just signed a new deal for a year".

castmana1

Nov 3, 2014
I got a call today whilst at Barnham station. Had terrible reception. Recognised it was an Albion number. Couldn't hear very well at all, but could just about make out 'Next season will be better I promise. I hope you'll be renewing". I said I had a terrible line, apologised and hung up. Had literally no idea it was him! :-(

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Bozza must be Inigo's sweetie as he got the first call. Do you think he'll start ringing if we don't buy sudexo pies or leave 2 minutes early?

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I had the call 5 times, and ignored it, googled the number to reveal it was the BHAFC number...so the next time, I answered it and wondered why the admin office was getting the poorest English speaker in the office to ring round and ask about renewals....little knowing it was Calde.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I got the call about half one pm. Listened to the voice mail about half seven pm. Thought it was a wrong number from some foreign fella and didn't put two and two together......now if they want to pay my wages so I can make midweek games I'd be the first one at the stadium:shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Got some kind of call from a Spanish speaker but couldn't really understand it to be honest. Sounded like he'd been smacked in the face with a football.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
0844 327 1901. I recognised it as being the club due to the '1901' bit.

I then had a heavily-accented Spanish chap, Calde presumably, give me a bit of a bollocking for missing games, that we've been scoring and winning (I think).

The call then went dead.

I wouldn't mind but I have been going.

I had the phone call but didn't recognise the 0844 number so answered it thinking it might be a cold call. I heard him say his name and hung up as I thought it was a hoax.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here