Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from tonight

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Barber used his programme notes to ignore the shit show on the pitch and announced the fans on social media were wrong for thinking a North Stand expansion was due (because we'd had planning permission approved)?

What a mess

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Positives? Erm. Mini Exile lost interest in watching live football a couple of seasons ago but now having realised I've been "lucky" and seen both Salah and Kane score in the space of 5 days is showing signs of potentially wanting to come back to games. Brighton being the place to watch the big players score isn't exactly the motivation I'd want necessarily, but I'm taking that as a positive.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
For me, its knowing that I don't have to trudge along to the Theatre of Yawns again until April 24th. I've got a whole month off from watching that dirge.

OK I'll watch the upcoming defeats on a stream, but at least I'm only 20 paces from my fridge, and can put a boxset on once we go 2 down.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Although the 8 extra seats that have been crammed into our section of the North Stand is a negative and has ruined our match day experience, it’s been a huge positive to be able to share our match days with fans of other clubs who are now able to purchase these extra seats..

2 Spurs fans were with us last night which was nice and we’ve already this season met Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool fans… exciting times…

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Good to see top quality players live, unfortunately, they’re not wearing blue. One game closer to getting a Murray replacement or being in the Championship where we can compete.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh of course there was one massive positive last night.

I was able to wear my rather natty winter coat (affectionately known as 'Fat Paddington') and hat ensemble.
Having previously thought it had been put away till November.

As [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] will testify it's a rather fetching number,
He wanted to take me there and then, I could see it in his eyes.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
One positive I finally remembered I'm an Albion fan and all this is only what I should expect. All this season I've been thinking "this is it", breakthrough. I've dreamt of European away trips, being talked about as breaking the Top 8, looking at players we'll never be able to afford and forgetting the footballing gods don't allow us to enter this promised land ... just yet./ First we have to go through a cycle of elation and sheer disappointment, we have to believe we've cracked it only to have it snatched away and we have to start to get some feeling of importance as a club and start to think about using terms such as "little old whomever"

So thank you Albion, for reminding me I'm an Albion fan, you'll build me up and then shit on me from the highest height only to build me up once more, the very reason I've been doing this for decades. A reminder to stay humble, love your club and how much they let you down, disappoint you, take you for granted, and fail you .... they are your club, you chose them, you follow them and you have to put up with this, for one day you'll love them beyond any rational belief once more .... and then they'll let you down the very next game!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
1 game closer to the end of the season which means 1 game closer to Trossard taking his talents and 1 good game in 10 or 20 to Germany or similar

Now thinking the loss of him and Half arsed Bissouma isn't a loss at all and will give others with more hunger to play show how good they are. Should be putting them in now so they get upto the speed of the PL

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Barber used his programme notes to ignore the shit show on the pitch and announced the fans on social media were wrong for thinking a North Stand expansion was due (because we'd had planning permission approved)?

What a mess

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

A positive for Barber was that his favourite team won the match.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
One positive is that you can go for a wee at anytime during the game with no chance whatsoever of missing a Brighton goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here